Inmigración . . . גֵּר (Gēr) . . . L'immigration . . . words for immigration in Spanish, Hebrew, and French respectively. Three languages spoken by Frida Glucoft, though not terribly surprising considering she was born in Israel and raised in France and Mexico before landing in the U.S. But Frida’s multi-cultural perspective does not stop with her linguistic skills. Her “International Woman of Mystery” persona extends well beyond that and is captured in how she lives her life.
The effervescent, and seemingly boundless, energy that radiates from Frida is rooted in a thirst for embracing different cultures. While many people enjoy traveling, Frida has a tendency to find herself in exotic locations like Iceland, Patagonia, the jungles of Belize, Jakarta, and Uruguay. When asked about “why Uruguay” she responds, with her signature casualness, “I thought it would be a nice place to celebrate New Year’s . . . they have great dancing”.
People from around the world arrive in the United States every day seeking a steward of the law . . . someone to help them navigate the complexities of becoming a US citizen. The practice of immigration law knows no boundaries, both literally and figuratively. Suffice to say, Frida embodies a similar perspective in her absorption of different cultures through her “internationally flavored” adventures, making her an empathetic and worldly advisor to all she serves.
Immigration and nationality law with an emphasis on employer obligations and responsibilities. Counseling multi-national corporations, small businesses, and individuals on a wide variety of immigration matters, including immigration requirements during corporate reorganizations, transfer of executives, managers, professionals and technicians, temporary work permits and permanent residence applications, and immigration-related security matters. Counseling employers on I9 and LCA audits. Documentation for international manufacturers and R&D companies doing business and trade in the United States.
- Successfully prosecuted appeals for a motion picture studio to qualify a director of photography, editor, production designer, and lighting specialist for employment visas to film in the U.S.
- Represented major international petroleum, data communications, entertainment, healthcare, and consumer products companies concerning transfers of critical foreign managerial, professional, and technical personnel to U.S. offices.
- Successfully defended clients in Department of Labor, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, and Immigration audits.
- Assisted clients in significant reductions of fines in context of H1B visa audits and employer compliance and conducted CLE-authorized webinars regarding employer compliance and employer obligations in the H1B and non-immigrant visa context.
- Counseled clients on immigration enforcement issues and E-Verify regulations at the Federal and State level.
- Represented clients in various industries in ICE audits of Forms I9 and negotiations of fine reductions.
- Prepared and filed thousands of P-1, O-1, and EB-1 petitions for artists, athletes and entertainers and fashion designers.
- Prepared and filed numerous EB-1 petitions for multinational executives, outstanding researchers, and extraordinary ability individuals.
- Assisted corporate clients in responses to various Department of Labor (DOL) Audit responses in both the H-1B and PERM contexts.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© in Immigration Law (2009-2021)
- "Lawyer of the Year" Honoree, Best Lawyers in America© (2020)
- “Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration 2015," Who’s Who Legal (2015)
- "Leading Immigration Lawyers in California," Chambers USA (2013, and 2014)
- "Top 5% of lawyers in Southern California," Southern California Super Lawyers (2004-2017)
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Chair, MSK Immigration Department
- Pacific Council on International Policy (2006 - present), Global Security Committee
- Association of Immigration and Nationality Lawyers
- President's Circle, Los Angeles County Museum of Art Prints, and Drawings Council
- August 20, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- August 15, 2018
- August 1, 2018
- August 15, 2017
- January 20, 2017
- August 22, 2016
- May 9, 2016
- May 5, 2016
- April 12, 2016
- January 20, 2016
- October 2015
- August 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 Recognizes 21 Attorneys from Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp and Names 2 Attorneys “Lawyer of the Year”August 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- January 2014
- August 15, 2013
- May 2013
- January 2013
- August 24, 2012
- January 23, 2012
- August 31, 2011
- July 1, 2011
- January 25, 2011
- November 4, 2010
- August 19, 2010
- June 17, 2010
- January 26, 2010
- August 3, 2009
- July 7, 2009
- July 1, 2009
- January 30, 2009
- September 17, 2008
- January 30, 2008
- January 30, 2008
- Manufacturing.net, September 2014
- California Apparel News, January 2014
- Bloomberg Law Reports - Immigration, November 2010
- Focus ColumnAugust 2009
- Daily Journal, August 2009
- U.S. Custom House Guide, September 2008
- January 19, 2021
- April 20, 2020
- Working Remotely Triggers Immigration Compliance RegulationsMarch 30, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- January 31, 2020
- November 12, 2019
- May 1, 2019
- April 8, 2019
- January 9, 2018
- September 26, 2017
- September 18, 2017
- July 31, 2017
- January 12, 2017
- Canada Implements Pre-Flight Electronic Travel Authorization, Counterpart to United States ESTA ProgramMay 20, 2016
- October 2015
- Take a Number: The U.S. State Department Dramatically Alters Waiting Times for Indian Nationals Awaiting Employment-Based Green CardsJuly 2013
- January 4, 2013
- February 2, 2012
- April 21, 2011
- June 4, 2010
- July 2009
- November 2008
- April 2009
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Announces Revised Form I-9 Employment Eligibility VerificationNovember 2007
- September 2007
- June 2008
- June 9, 2009
- February 2009
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services Delay Implementation of Revised Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification FormFebruary 2009
- March 2007
Events & Speaking Engagements
- January 24, 2011
- August 6, 2010
- Recruiting Seasonal, Peakload Foreign Workers2008
- HR Concerns in the Recruitment & Retention of Foreign Workers,2007
- Immigration Fundamentals: What Every Lawyer Needs to Know2007
- National Security & Immigration Policies2007
- HR Concerns in the Recruitment & Retention of Foreign Workers,2006
- August 18, 2004
- February 12, 2003
- September 20, 2001