ATTORNEY OPENINGS - LOS ANGELES
Labor and Employment Associate
We are seeking a Labor and Employment Associate with 4-6 years of employment and traditional labor experience for the Los Angeles office. The successful candidate must have excellent analytical and writing skills, substantial experience handling employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and class action cases, and experience advising clients on day-to-day employment issues. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
attorney openings - Washington, dc
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp is a mid-sized law firm in Century City. The Firm’s practice areas include Litigation, Intellectual Property & Technology including Video Games, Labor & Employment, Entertainment, Tax, Trusts & Estates, Corporate & Business Transactions, and Real Estate.
We are seeking a Project Assistant to work with our Litigation, Intellectual Property and Labor & Employment groups.
The position offers the opportunity to work directly with attorneys and paralegals to prepare for depositions, Court filings and hearings, conduct in-depth internet and other research, maintain electronic database files and provide overall general support. Cutting-edge work for the Video Game group includes research into video game content and other digital works, working with online, mobile, and console game sales platforms, and using online video games and computer software.
Undergraduate degree required. Academic performance will be considered. Please include GPA on resume. Successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be detail oriented and organized. Ideal position for recent college graduates interested in working for a year or two before entering law school or graduate school.
Must have experience with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook. Prefer candidates who have the following skills and experience: familiarity and experience with capture and preservation of electronic evidence, including screen captures and video captures of video game content and other digital works; experience with online, mobile, and console game sales platforms such as the iTunes App Store, the Google Play Store, Steam; experience with the installation, use, and play of online video games and computer software; and an understanding of basic ecommerce or online platforms and tools such as domain name registrations, chat rooms, online message boards, and payment providers.
The Firm offers a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a pleasant and supportive environment.
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp, a mid-sized law firm in Century City. has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant.
The position will entail supporting one partner in the Firm’s Labor & Employment practice group.
The Firm offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- Performs typing, transcription and file maintenance duties.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a timely and professional manner and communicates an accurate messages on behalf of the caller.
- Sends/receives/manages e-mails and related attachments using Outlook.
- Accurately enters attorney time on a timely basis.
- Arranges meetings and schedules appointments; opens, sorts and distributes mail.
- May be asked to create and edit drafts of documents (correspondence, reports, charts, pleadings and other legal documents) from written copy, transcribed tapes and/or pre-typed data using advanced word processing features of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- A minimum of 3 years of secretarial experience in a corporate setting. Proficiency in litigation terminology and procedures including federal court filing and e-filing procedures is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be enthusiastic about performing and learning varied support tasks.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with a document management system is a plus.