ATTORNEY OPENINGS - LOS ANGELES
Labor and Employment Associate
We are seeking a Labor and Employment Associate with 4-6 years of employment and traditional labor experience for the Los Angeles office. The successful candidate must have excellent analytical and writing skills, substantial experience handling employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and class action cases, and experience advising clients on day-to-day employment issues. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
attorney openings - NEW YORK
attorney openings - Washington, dc
Marketing Coordinator or Assistant
Under the supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer and Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator or Assistant will provide tactical support to a variety of marketing, communications and business development activities. Seeking a sharp, enthusiastic self-starter with a strong client service orientation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Prepare customized collateral materials, including client proposals and firm brochures, for new business pitches and presentations.
- Maintain the firm’s marketing databases, utilizing them to produce targeted mailing lists.
- Layout, produce and distribute firm alerts, announcements, invitations and advertisements.
- Coordinate client programs, including managing registration; arranging facilities, catering and tech support; preparing PowerPoint presentations and handout materials; providing guest reception; and facilitating attorney follow-up.
- Assist in updating the firm website and various marketing materials, in Word and on the firm’s website.
- Assist with directory updates and attorney ranking submissions.
- Collect and archive representative matters, industry experience, speaking engagements and client lists.
- Plan, implement and execute all aspects of marketing and business development events.
- Use event management software to distribute invitations and track RSVPs.
- Liase with attorneys, vendors, professional staff throughout the firm to assist in business development efforts.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of marketing or business development experience in a law firm is required.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) is required; proficiency with Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Suite, and Adobe InDesign is required; graphic design/page layout and print experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Superior writing, proofreading and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and use common sense in solving problems; a team player.
Status: Full-time staff, non-exempt
The firm offers a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a pleasant and supportive environment. This is a great opportunity for a junior-level marketing professional to make a meaningful contribution to the growth and continued prosperity of a highly regarded, 100-year old law firm.
The Firm offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
staff opportunities - NEW YORK
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp is a mid-sized law firm with its main office in Los Angeles and branch offices in New York City and Washington DC. The Firm practices business law with an emphasis on Complex Litigation, Intellectual Property & Technology, Immigration, Labor & Employment, Entertainment, Tax, Benefits, Corporate Business Transaction, and Wealth Management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a case from inception to conclusion and anticipate case/counsel needs.
- Work with counsel and Litigation Support on collection, processing, review and production of electronic data/files.
- Maintain electronic case databases (e.g., Summation, Relativity), run searches on databases.
- Manage document productions, including document review under the supervision of an attorney, redactions, endorsements and preparation of document productions for service.
- Establish, organize and maintain case files, both electronic and paper.
- Research and cull information from resources such as websites, periodicals, trade associations, Federal, State and local government agencies.
- Prepare, serve and manage document and deposition subpoenas.
- Depositions: Under attorney supervision, gather and prepare documents relevant to the deponent, organize exhibits, take notes and handle exhibits during the deposition, secure depositions transcripts from reporting services and distribute copies as needed.
- Assist in preparation of motions and other Court filings, including assembly of motion papers, declarations and exhibits, proofread and citation check, and create appendices.
- Assist in the filing and service of Federal and State Court documents.
- Assist counsel in trial/arbitration/mediation: create exhibit list and prepare exhibits; prepare witnesses; coordinate logistics such as courtroom technician and other technology needs; liaison between counsel and court staff; assist counsel at hearing.
- Strong management, organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Time management skills to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Team-oriented mindset and strong work ethic.
- Ability to efficiently gather, maintain and organize voluminous data/documents.
- Minimum education - Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 5 years working as a litigation paralegal at a law firm.
- Paralegal certification required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong experience in eDiscovery.
- Experienced in: Summation; Relativity; Lexis Research; Lexis CaseMap and TextMap; PACER.
MSK offers competitive compensation, 401K, medical, vision and dental coverage, life and AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts and more.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp, a mid-sized law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Washington D.C., has an immediate opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant in its midtown Manhattan office.
The position will entail supporting 3 - 4 busy attorneys in the Firm’s Litigation, Labor & Employment and Intellectual Property practice groups. The Firm offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- Performs typing, transcription, stenographic, and file maintenance duties.
- Prepares documents in final format, including but not limited to redlining, blacklining, merge, columns, footnoting, creating tables of contents, tables, etc. in accordance with local courts rules for filing with various courts and administrative agencies.
- Creates and edits drafts of documents (correspondence, reports, charts, pleadings and other legal documents) from written copy, transcribed tapes and/or pre-typed data using advanced word processing features of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a timely and professional manner and communicates an accurate message on behalf of the caller.
- Sends/receives/manages e-mails and related attachments using Outlook.
- Accurately enters attorney time on a timely basis.
- Arranges meetings and schedules appointments; opens, sorts and distributes mail.
- Must handle electronic case filings in the state and federal courts,
- Undergraduate degree required.
- 2 years of litigation secretarial experience with proficiency in litigation terminology and procedures including federal court filing and e-filing procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be enthusiastic about performing and learning varied litigation support tasks.
- Must be proficient in Windows 7 and with Microsoft Office 2010 including MS Word and Outlook. Excel and familiarity with a document management system, i.e. DocsOpen, Worldox, iManage, Filesite, Net documents.
- Accurate typing skills of 65+ wpm.