ATTORNEY OPENINGS - LOS ANGELES
MSK’s Corporate Department is seeking an associate in its Los Angeles office with 2-4 years of corporate and securities law experience. Ideal candidates will have significant training and meaningful experience working on M&A transactions, including some drafting of due diligence checklists, term sheets, definitive acquisition agreements, disclosure schedules and typical ancillary agreements for M&A transactions. Experience with venture capital, private equity or public capital markets is a plus.
Labor and Employment Associate
We are seeking a Labor and Employment Associate with 4-6 years of employment and traditional labor experience for the Los Angeles office. The successful candidate must have excellent analytical and writing skills, substantial experience handling employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and class action cases, and experience advising clients on day-to-day employment issues. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
attorney openings - Washington, dc
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp seeks an experienced Senior Accountant to assist in managing the Accounting Department. The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge and experience with all aspects of the operational and financial issues associated with cash management, client billing, accounts payable, payroll processing, general ledger management and preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Calculate, post, and verify financial data for use in the maintenance of the general ledger and accounting and statistical records. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring daily cash flows, preparing cash projections, revenue & expense review, preparation of balance sheet schedules, performing month-end and year-end close, and the preparation and review of various bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, marketing reports, and FTE reports.
- Management and preparation of firm analytics, bi-annual financial and statistical surveys, and year-end reporting such as profitability reports.
- Assist with the Firm’s annual budget and analyze the monthly budget to actual variances.
- Oversee the procurement of assets and maintain the asset and depreciation schedules.
- Preparation or review of all governmental filings and taxes, including payroll, property and business tax.
- Assist with annual third party review of the financial statements, including preparation of all supporting schedules, published financial statements, and related footnotes. Present accounting information and data in accordance with the modified cash basis of accounting, and with consideration of GAAP and relevant industry standards.
- Prepares materials for financial presentations and analyses, as required.
- Maintain day-to-day banking and investment relationships.
- Manage various accounting projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (CPA a plus).
- 3-5 years of experience as a GL Accountant, preferably a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager, in a law firm or professional services organization.
- Knowledge of GAAP (including all relevant FASB pronouncements).
- Strong Excel, accounting database and systems management experience required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while remaining organized and efficient.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- An analytical and detail oriented mindset, with experience in audit and problem solving is preferred.