ATTORNEY OPENINGS - LOS ANGELES
Labor and Employment Associate
We are seeking a Labor and Employment Associate with 4-6 years of employment and traditional labor experience for the Los Angeles office. The successful candidate must have excellent analytical and writing skills, substantial experience handling employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and class action cases, and experience advising clients on day-to-day employment issues. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
attorney openings - Washington, dc
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp, a mid-sized law firm in Century City. has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant.
The position will entail supporting one partner in the Firm’s Labor & Employment practice group.
The Firm offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- Performs typing, transcription and file maintenance duties.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a timely and professional manner and communicates an accurate messages on behalf of the caller.
- Sends/receives/manages e-mails and related attachments using Outlook.
- Accurately enters attorney time on a timely basis.
- Arranges meetings and schedules appointments; opens, sorts and distributes mail.
- May be asked to create and edit drafts of documents (correspondence, reports, charts, pleadings and other legal documents) from written copy, transcribed tapes and/or pre-typed data using advanced word processing features of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- A minimum of 3 years of secretarial experience in a corporate setting. Proficiency in litigation terminology and procedures including federal court filing and e-filing procedures is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be enthusiastic about performing and learning varied support tasks.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with a document management system is a plus.