ATTORNEY OPENINGS - LOS ANGELES
Labor and Employment Associate
We are seeking a Labor and Employment Associate with 6 plus years of employment and traditional labor experience for the Los Angeles office. Our Labor and Employment Department consists of over 20 full time Labor and Employment attorneys. The successful candidate must have excellent analytical and writing skills, substantial experience handling employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and class action cases, and experience advising clients on day-to-day employment issues. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
We are seeking a mid-level Litigation Associate with 2-4 years of copyright litigation experience for our Los Angeles office. In addition to extensive knowledge of Copyright law and the DMCA, the ideal candidate must have a knowledge of or experience with digital media and computer software, including video games, interactive entertainment, and web-based content. The candidate must also have excellent analytical and writing skills, and experience handling litigation and the DMCA. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
attorney openings - NEW YORK
attorney openings - Washington, dc
STAFF OPPORTUNITIES - LOS ANGELES
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to the firm's user community including, but not limited to, troubleshooting, installation, configuration and maintenance of firm approved applications, end user hardware, peripheral devices and other technologies.
- Troubleshoot and maintain the firm's printer and scanner assets while appropriately escalating to vendors when necessary.
- Set-up audio-visual equipment; including audio and video teleconferences, PowerPoint presentations and web conferences.
- Set up and configure firm approved mobile devices including Android and iOS devices.
- Troubleshoot and update tickets escalated from first level Helpdesk in the firm approved ticketing system.
- Handle technical issues in a controlled manner while interfacing with the user community in high pressure situations. Utilize independent judgment and discretion in escalating issues to system engineers or other IT resources as well as informing supervisor and IT management as necessary.
- Position will ensure that all assistance given is in compliance with department policies, procedures, and standards. He/She is responsible for informing their supervisor of any hardware, software, or practices which are non-compliant with firm or department policy.
- Maintain repair area, equipment, and inventory in an organized and clean manner.
- Minimum of two years providing technical support to end-users in a legal environment.
- Bachelor's Degree not required but is considered a plus. Law firm experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to organize work according to priorities while balancing time constraints, interruptions and demanding end users. Track all tasks and inform supervisor of any delays. Follow up on all end-user requests (e.g. help-desk calls, escalation emails, computer installation/relocation, software installation, etc.) to ensure end-user satisfaction.
- In-depth understanding of desktops, laptops, peripheral devices and configuration issues. Firm understanding of Windows operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to support a variety of software including the Microsoft Office Suite and legal-specific software. Familiarity with Active Directory and networking concepts. Familiarity with mobile devices including iPhones, Blackberrys, and iPads. Ability to independently learn new software applications and technologies quickly and thoroughly. Must be able to detect visual and audio cues for troubleshooting purposes.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly and effectively while maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, attorneys, and other support staff.
- Proven ability to notice and pay attention to details.
- Must be able to lift and carry bulky items up to 35 pounds.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp, a mid-sized law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Washington D.C., has an immediate opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant in its Los Angeles office.
The position will entail supporting 3 - 4 busy attorneys in the Firm’s Litigation, Labor & Employment and Intellectual Property practice groups. The Firm offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- Performs typing, transcription, stenographic, and file maintenance duties.
- Prepares documents in final format, including but not limited to redlining, blacklining, merge, columns, footnoting, creating tables of contents, tables, etc. in accordance with local courts rules for filing with various courts and administrative agencies.
- Creates and edits drafts of documents (correspondence, reports, charts, pleadings and other legal documents) from written copy, transcribed tapes and/or pre-typed data using advanced word processing features of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a timely and professional manner and communicates an accurate messhttps://employers.indeed.com/j#age on behalf of the caller.
- Sends/receives/manages e-mails and related attachments using Outlook.
- Accurately enters attorney time on a timely basis.
- Arranges meetings and schedules appointments; opens, sorts and distributes mail.
- Must handle electronic case filings in the state and federal courts.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- A minimum of 3 years of litigation secretarial experience with proficiency in litigation terminology and procedures including federal court filing and e-filing procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be enthusiastic about performing and learning varied litigation support tasks.
- Must be proficient in Windows 7 and with Microsoft Office 2010 including MS Word and Outlook. Excel and familiarity with a document management system, i.e. DocsOpen, Worldox, iManage, Filesite, Net documents.
- Accurate typing skills of 65+ wpm.