Thank you for visiting the Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP website. Please note, the material located on our site is for informational purposes only, is general in nature, and is not intended to and should not be relied upon or construed as a legal opinion or legal advice regarding any specific issue or factual circumstance. Nor is this information intended to create, and receipt of it does not create, an attorney-client relationship between you and the firm. Therefore, you should consult an attorney in the event you want legal advice.
This web site is also not intended to be advertising and Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP does not seek to represent anyone by means of this web site in a state where this site may fail to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.
Please note, the content of any communication you send to the firm, electronically or by any other means, will not be considered confidential unless and until you have received written acceptance from the firm to undertake the legal services you may request. You should not send any confidential information to the firm by any means unless you have received such written confirmation and you should be aware that we can use any unsolicited information you send to us on behalf of our clients. We will neither accept requests for legal advice nor offer specific legal advice over the Internet.
All material included on this web site is copyrighted, 2010 by Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP. All rights reserved. Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP authorizes you to view, copy, download, and print the images and information on this web site provided and to the extent that you comply with all of the following conditions: (1) all materials may be used solely for personal, non-commercial and informational purposes; (2) none of the materials may be modified; (3) the following copyright notice and permission notice must appear on each document:
"Copyright 2010 Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP. All rights reserved. Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP materials available from this web site are protected by the copyright laws of the United States and International Treaties. All use of these materials is subject to conditions of use set forth at http://www.msk.com"; and
(4) reproduction, copying, or distribution of materials on the Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP web site for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP. To obtain permission to copy portions of this site for commercial purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com stating your request with specificity.
Information provided on this web site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Your use of this web site is at your own risk and Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this web site. Under no circumstances shall Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP be liable to you or any other person for any damages of any amount or character arising from your access to, or use of, this web site.
As a convenience to you, some of the web pages contain links to web sites not maintained by Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP. The linked sites are not under the control of, and Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP is not responsible for, the contents of any web site to which it is linked. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP or the linked site of one another.
MSK’s Notice re Data of European Countries Residents
(Effective May 25, 2018)
As you may be aware, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom (the European Countries) recently adopted new regulations applicable to certain types of personal information called the General Data Protection Regulations, or GDPR. We do not have an office in any of the these countries, do not conduct business or offer services in any of these countries, and do not acknowledge that the GDPR applies to us or any information we may possess about you. Nonetheless, the advent of the GDPR has caused us to review our policy as it concerns personal information belonging to residents of any of the European Countries. That policy is set forth below. Of course, we reserve the right from time to time to update it without further notice as we deem appropriate.
For residents of any of the European Countries only who provide us with personal data that directly or indirectly makes you identifiable in our records as a natural person, including but not limited to, your name, address, personal mobile and/or office telephone number, personal or business email address, passport data, driver’s license data, a personal identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more other factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity, please be advised of the following:
In general, our policy regarding Data of European Countries Residents may give you the following rights only as to information to which the GDPR applies:
- To be aware of what personal data about you we have in our records – i.e., what we know about you;
- To be informed about the processing of your personal information – i.e., what we do with the data we receive from you;
- To have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed, if you think the data we have is not totally accurate;
- To object to the processing of your personal information – i.e., to refuse to permit us to do anything with your personal data;
- To restrict processing of your personal information – i.e., to limit what we can do with your data;
- To have your personal information deleted (the “right to be forgotten”) from our system;
- To request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it, so that you may confirm what data we may have and what we do with it;
- To move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”); and
- In relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you, to request clarification of what we do with any personal data we may have about you.
Please note the following as it concerns Data of European Countries Residents which may be subject to the GDPR:
- We will generally keep your personal data for only so long as we believe we have a reasonable business need for that data, such as managing our relationship with you, your employer or any affiliated third party, and managing our operations. Otherwise, your data will generally be retained for six (6) years once our representation ends or the matter to which the information relates has concluded.
- In determining whether we have a legitimate interest in receiving your data, we will endeavor to, in our best judgment, weigh our need for your data with your need to keep it private. Any data we seek will generally be limited to only that which we believe in our best judgment is necessary to know so that we are able to carry out our legal services and related functions, and/or to keep you informed about legal developments, and for no other purposes.
- If at any time your personal information changes, particularly your contact data, please immediately let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to have your contact data deleted from our records, please email us at email@example.com. If you email us requesting deletion of your contact data, we will endeavor to do so unless one of the recognized exceptions applies permitting us to retain your contact information.
- Any personal data that you may have provided to us will generally be stored in our system and be accessible only to those individuals who have a “need to know,” which includes our attorneys, support staff and contractors.
If we contact you for marketing purposes, we will endeavor to do so only in accord with your preferences. You may request that we stop these emails by contacting us at MarketingDepartment@msk.com.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.