Mr. Gordon is a Partner in the New York office. His practice focuses on the representation of companies in securities, employment, corporate governance, and general complex commercial disputes, including class action lawsuits.
- Obtained dismissal of a securities class action lawsuit brought against a biotechnology company alleging that fraudulent misrepresentations were made in proxy materials.
- Obtained approximately $1.7 million judgment following trial in breach of contract suit on behalf of major supermarket chain.
- Obtained dismissal of action against data analytics company asserting multiple commercial torts.
- Obtained dismissal of a pregnancy discrimination lawsuit brought against an online media company. The former employee was required to reimburse, in part, her former employer for its defense costs.
- Defended a securities class action lawsuit brought against a well-known company in the entertainment industry. The case was resolved with the entertainment company having to make no payment.
- Successfully resolved SEC and other regulatory investigations of clients in the computer services and online media industries.
- Successfully defended an age discrimination lawsuit brought by a sales representative against a major pharmaceutical company.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar judgment following trial on behalf of a major pharmaceutical company in a commercial dispute with a brokerage firm.
- Successfully represented a hedge fund in a lawsuit to enforce anti-dilution provisions of a convertible debenture. In connection with a settlement, the hedge fund received consideration worth approximately five times the face value of the convertible debenture.
- Defended the CEO of a prominent telecommunications company in a securities class action lawsuit relating to the IPO of the company's stock. The claims were dismissed without any payment made by the CEO.
- Successfully defended a race discrimination lawsuit brought by a former company officer against a large consumer electronics company.
- Obtained the voluntary dismissal of claims of violation of the FMLA and gender discrimination brought against a pharmaceutical company.
- Successfully defended against a breach of contract lawsuit brought by a bankruptcy trustee against an online media company.
- Obtained affirmance, in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, of an award of sanctions against a law firm and attorney for pursuing frivolous securities fraud claims
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit brought against an investment advisor alleging fraud
- Represented a member of the board of directors of a medical device company in connection with litigation that involved, inter alia, charges that the company had made misrepresentations to the FDA about the results of certain clinical trials.
- Regularly provide advice to clients with respect to issues of employment law and prepare employment-related agreements.
- Successfully defended against a motion by a debtor in bankruptcy court to assume a multimillion dollar commercial lease.
- Successfully defended a major hotel management company against claims brought by a prominent company in the financial services industry concerning a financing transaction.
Honors & Awards
“Top 5% of lawyers in New York,” New York Super Lawyers (2007, 2013-2021)
Other Career Experience
- Predecessor Firm, Richardson & Patel LLP
- David Gordon Quoted in Multiple Publications Commenting on Supreme Court Ruling Over COVID Vaccine MandatesJanuary 14, 2022
- January 5, 2022
- October 5, 2021
- January 20, 2017
- December 21, 2016
- November 22, 2016
- June 27, 2016
- May 9, 2016
- April 25, 2016
- April 21, 2016
- March 31, 2016
- August 2015
- July 1, 2015
- October 2014
Events & Speaking Engagements
- January 17, 2018
- January 17, 2017
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- Third Circuit
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1992
Columbia University, A.B., 1989