Jeremy Mittman represents management in litigation of employment-related matters, including discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as state and federal wage and hour claims. Jeremy regularly counsels clients on compliance with employment-related laws and on enforcing personnel policies and procedures. Jeremy has extensive experience representing employers in a variety of industries such as financial services, security services, and numerous entertainment and media companies. In addition, Jeremy works with clients on multi-country HR projects involving issues such as employment contracts, international background checks and non-competition issues, terminations, immigration matters and other HR actions.
- Motion to dismiss granted in JAMS arbitration on behalf of prestigious hospital, resulting in the dismissal of claims for discrimination, wrongful termination and retaliation.
- Angela Yarbrough v. Paramount Pictures Corp., Los Angeles Supreme Court (summary judgment granted on behalf of Paramount Pictures Corporation, resulting in the dismissal of claims for discrimination, constructive discharge and wrongful termination on the basis of race, in their entirety.
- Thommeny v. Paramount Pictures Corp., 2011 WL 2899340 (C.D. Cal) (summary judgment granted in case alleging breach of contract, discrimination and fraud.
Other Career Experience
- Special Employment Counsel, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Counsel, Global Employment, WME l IMG
- New York
- U.S. District of New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District of New York, Southern District
- U.S. District of California, Central District
- U.S. District of California, Northern District
- U.S. District of Calfiornia, Eastern District
- U.S. District of California, Southern District
- University of Southern California Law Center, J.D., 2003
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1999