Brad’s practice focuses on Entertainment and Intellectual Property Litigation, representing many leading businesses and individuals in the music, video game, and film and television industries, as well as emerging and established technology businesses. Brad has a wealth of experience litigating in both state and federal courts across the country, with a concentration on copyright, trademark, and contract and commercial disputes.
- Representation of some of the world’s largest video game publishers in trademark and copyright infringement litigation.
This includes obtaining summary judgment on behalf of a video game publisher dismissing high-profile trademark infringement claims involving the depiction of a military vehicle in games from the Call of Duty franchise.
- Past experience has included successfully asserting claims on behalf of video game clients against individuals and businesses accused of copyright infringement and violations of contractual obligations.
- Representation of record labels, music publishers, songwriters, managers and performers in all types of music industry disputes, including copyright and trademark infringement, contract disputes and negotiations, and audit disputes.
- Past experience has included successfully obtaining dismissal with prejudice of multiple copyright infringement claims against music publishers and record labels, including in cases such as Shaheed-Edwards v. Syco Entertainment, Inc. (C.D. Cal., Case No. 17-cv-6579) and Pryor v. Jean, et al. (C.D. Cal., Case No. 13-cv-2867).
- Successful representation of record labels and music publishers in multiple disputes involving use of copyright works by third-parties.
- Member of defense team that successfully represented a popular British boy band in a trademark dispute regarding the band’s name.
- Representation of film and television companies and individuals in disputes involving alleged violations of the right of publicity, including obtaining dismissal with prejudice of claims involving the use of an individual’s image on a television show.
- Representation of individuals and businesses in defamation litigation.
- Member of defense teams representing large international websites in copyright, trademark and patent infringement actions.
Honors & Awards
- "Top Music Lawyers," Billboard (2022)
- "Southern California Rising Stars," Super Lawyers (2018-2019)
- Honored by Public Counsel with its 2011 Pro Bono Award
Other Career Experience
- Counsel for Intellectual Property and Litigation in Business and Legal Affairs Department, Viacom Media Networks
- Judicial Extern to Hon. Shira A. Sheindlin, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- October 10, 2022
- Eric German, Christine Lepera, Jeffrey Movit and Bradley Mullins Named to Billboard's 2022 "Top Music Lawyers" ListBillboard, March 28, 2022
- Billboard, March 11, 2022
- June 18, 2020
- June 19, 2019
- Law360, May 9, 2019
- January 1, 2019
- August 29, 2018
- March 25, 2020
- For Loubotin and Yves Saint Laurent, Both See RedSeptember 2012
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Masterclass by International Association of Entertainment LawyersOctober 20, 2022
- Midem Legal SummitNovember 18, 2021
- June 3, 2020
- February 18, 2020
- April 18, 2019
- August 24, 2018
- August 23, 2018
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Northern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit
Columbia Law School, J.D., 2010
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Case Notes Editor, Columbia Journal of European Law
Parker School Certificate in Foreign and Comparative Law
University of Wisconsin, Madison, B.A., 2005; With Distinction