Commercial litigation with a focus on copyright, trademark, and contract and commercial disputes.
- Represents music industry clients in actions involving copyright infringement, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and defamation.
- Analyzes legal issues in copyright, trademark and other civil cases.
- Member of a defense team that represented the founder of a large mortgage lending company in securities fraud actions across multiple jurisdictions.
- Member of a litigation team that represented a patent owner in a licensing dispute against a large pharmaceutical company.
- Successfully assisted a victim of a foreclosure rescue scam, pro bono, in an appeal before the California Court of Appeal.
- As Judicial Extern to U.S. District Court Judge, prepared an opinion in an employment discrimination case, conducted legal research, and drafted advisory memoranda.
- As a legal intern at MFY Legal Services, conducted foreclosure mediations at the Staten Island Supreme courthouse.
- Member of defense team that successfully represented a popular British boy band in a trademark dispute regarding the band’s name.
- Represent video game publishers in litigation involving copyright infringement, anti-circumvention, and tortious interference.
- Represent musicians and publishers in audit disputes and various related matters.
- Member of defense teams representing large international websites in copyright and patent infringement actions.
Honors & Awards
- Honored by Public Counsel with its 2011 Pro Bono Award
- "Southern California Rising Stars," Super Lawyers (2018)
Other Career Experience
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Shira Scheindlin, United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- For Loubotin and Yves Saint Laurent, Both See RedSeptember 2012
Events & Speaking Engagements
- August 24, 2018
- August 23, 2018
- New York
- New Jersey
- USDC, Southern District of NY
- USDC, District of New Jersey
- USDC, Central District of CA
- USDC, Northern District of CA
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Columbia Law Scool, J.D., 2010
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Case Notes Editor, Columbia Journal of European Law
Parker School Certificate in Foreign and Comparative Law
University of Wisconsin, Madison, B.A., 2005