Louise Truong represents employers ranging from Fortune 50 companies to start-ups in a variety of employment disputes and litigation involving wrongful termination, harassment, whistleblower, discrimination, trade secrets misappropriation, unfair competition, employee solicitation, and wage and hour class action claims. An important aspect of Louise's practice is advising clients on how to avoid problems in the workplace. Louise counsels employers regarding the drafting of, revisions to and compliance with workplace policies for avoiding litigation, such as employee handbooks, sick leave policies, severance agreements, independent contractor agreements, and commission plans.
- Successfully reached early and favorable resolutions on multiple single-plaintiff matters.
- Drafted successful motions for summary judgment, motions to dismiss, and motions to compel arbitration on behalf of employers.
- Obtained favorable settlement in a wage and hour class action involving claims of missed meal and rest breaks.
- Regularly advises employers on litigation prevention and compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations, including leaves of absence, accommodation of disabilities, performance management and termination, wage and hour issues, and reductions in force.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Buchalter
- Associate, Lindahl Beck LLP
- Judicial Extern for Justice Kennard, Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of California
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2013
University of California, Irvine, B.A., Criminology, Law and Society. B.A., Literary Journalism