Louise Truong represents employers ranging from Fortune 100 companies to start-ups in a variety of employment disputes and litigation involving wrongful termination, harassment, whistleblower, discrimination, trade secrets misappropriation, unfair competition, employee solicitation, and wage and hour class action claims. An important aspect of Louise's practice is advising clients on how to avoid problems in the workplace. Louise counsels employers regarding the drafting of, revisions to and compliance with workplace policies for avoiding litigation, such as employee handbooks, sick leave policies, severance agreements, independent contractor agreements, and commission plans.
- Successfully reached early and favorable resolutions on multiple single-plaintiff matters.
- Drafted winning motion for summary judgement in disability discrimination lawsuit.
- Drafted winning motion to dismiss in retaliation matter.
- Regularly advises employers on litigation prevention and compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations, including leaves of absence, accommodation of disabilities, discipline and termination, wage and hour issues, reductions in force, and OSHA violations.
- Successfully received a temporary restraining order on behalf of client in a trade and copy right infringement matter.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Executive Advisory Council, Asians American Advancing Justice (2017 to present)
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Buchalter
- Associate, Lindahl Beck LLP
- Judicial Extern for Justice Kennard, Supreme Court of California
- February 19, 2019
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of California
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2013
University of California, Irvine, B.A., Criminology, Law and Society. B.A., Literary Journalism