Mark C. Humphrey is an associate in Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp's Litigation Practice Group. Mark’s practice focuses on commercial litigation with a focus on contractual and commercial disputes, title insurance, entertainment and intellectual property.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark was an associate at Early Sullivan Wright Gizer & McRae LLP. While at Early Sullivan, Mark gained experience in all aspects of civil litigation, including trial, motion practice, oral argument, discovery procedures, negotiating settlements, and appeals.
- Lead associate in multi-million dollar class action in which thousands of employees sued contractor providing security for United States military bases in Iraq. Drafted class certification motion papers, resulting in class certification of multiple claims including fraud. Drafted answering brief for appeal of certification order. Class certification order affirmed by Ninth Circuit in September 2017.
- Member of a litigation team in a contractual dispute concerning a sale of commercial property and a promissory note. Participated in jury trial, which ended in $2.7 million verdict for client.
- Obtained judgment for defendants in $8 million breach of contract lawsuit.
- Obtained settlement in corporate dispute between potential business partners in organic food startup involving the founder of a famous private food company and foundation.
Honors & Awards
- Wildman/Schumacher Scholarship, Southwestern Law School
- Biederman Scholar, Biederman Entertainment and Media Law Institute
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Early Sullivan Wright Gizer & McRae LLP
- Digital Domino Effect: The Erosion of First Sale Protection for Video Games and the Implications for Ownership of Copies and Phonorecords, 42 SW L. REV. 4412013
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Eastern District of California
Southwestern Law School, J.D., 2013; magna cum laude
University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2007, cum laude