Thea advises employers in various employment matters, including wage and hour compliance, employment policies and personnel matters, employment contracts, prevailing wage requirements, and harassment and discrimination prevention. She has extensive experience defending employers against such claims in federal and state courts and before administrative bodies. Thea has also represented institutional lenders in commercial finance structuring and documentation.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Labor & Employment and Empowering Women sections
Other Career Experience
Associate, Elkins Kalt Weintraub Reuben Gartside LLP
Associate, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- May 26, 2021
Author, “Epic Systems V. Lewis: PAGA’s Epic Demise?” Law360, June 4, 2018.
Author, “New Calif. ‘National Origin’ Rules Stray From Federal Policy” Law360, June 8, 2018.
- New Federal Workplace Protections for Pregnant and Nursing Employees, Reminiscent of…California Law?!February 23, 2023
- January 10, 2023
- June 21, 2021
- June 7, 2021
- March 23, 2021
- December 22, 2020
- Do You Operate a Los Angeles-Based Office? Work in One? Read This - Especially if your business is considered essential!December 7, 2020
- More COVID-19 Rules for California Employers: Cal-OSHA’s Emergency COVID-19 Safety Regulations Take EffectDecember 7, 2020
- November 24, 2020
- November 6, 2020
- Employers May Test Employees for COVID-19 Before Allowing Their Return to Workplace, EEOC SaysApril 24, 2020
- DOL Issues Guidance on New CARES Act Unemployment Insurance ProvisionsApril 8, 2020
- March 2, 2020
Events & Speaking Engagements
- New York
- U.S.D.C., Northern District of California
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
Georgetown University, B.A., magna cum laude