Coming Changes From the SEC and How They Affect Investors and Issuers; What Companies Need to Know Before Doing a Transaction
Nimish Patel will be speaking at the LD Micro 2017 Invitational on, “Coming Changes From the SEC and How They Affect Investors and Issuers; What Companies Need to Know Before Doing a Transaction.” This will be an interactive session, with the moderator directing pre-set topic questions to panelists. The panel will be held on Monday, June 5, 2017 from 4:30 PM to 5:15 PM (PST).
Moderator: Corey Fischer, Managing Partner, CPA firm Weinberg & Company
- Nimish Patel, Vice Chairman, MSK
- Steve Avis, Partner, Haynie & Company
- GAAP vs. Non-GAAP: The SEC has been clamping down on public company use of Non-GAAP metrics in financial reporting. How does this affect both micro and small cap companies?
- Leases as Liabilities: Since leases are real contractual obligations requiring the use of cash, regulators have been questioning whether the financial position of a company could be accurate without inclusion of these liabilities. Most affected: companies that have significant real estate leases in multi-locations such as restaurants, retail stores and office units.
- New Revenue Recognition Rules
- Derivatives and conversion features of notes
- How does the SEC’s creation of the PCAOB affect a company’s audit requirements, for example, revenue testing and testing of fair value measurements?
- Reg A+: What are the audit/legal requirements?
- Uplisting from the Pinks to the major exchanges: What are the audit/legal requirements?
- New FASB guidance on business vs. asset acquisition