What Your Team Needs to Ask When it Comes to Influencer and Native Advertising
Aaron Wais will be speaking on the panel, "What Your Team Needs to Ask When it Comes to Influencer and Native Advertising" at the 8th Annual IP Trademark, Copyright & Licensing Counsel Forum at the Park Lane Hotel in New York, NY. The panel will take place at 10:30 AM (EST) on November 9, 2016. MSK associate Alexandra Jiga will moderate.
Recent FTC actions against content providers and others over influencer and native advertising have heightened the need of in-house counsel to review and/or develop comprehensive internal and third-party marketing policies. Indeed, from a non-compliant social post by an employee to an undisclosed compensated review of a movie, the risk of litigation and an FTC enforcement action can resonate for years.
This session will delve into:
- Recent developments in civil litigation and FTC enforcement.
- Where the FTC and the law are going in the future.
- Practical tips for crafting internal and external marketing policies that do not run afoul of FTC regulations.
- Discussion of necessary disclosures.
- Sample language for contracts with third-parties.
Moderator: Alexandra Jiga, Associate, MSK
- Aaron Wais, Partner, MSK
- Romy Horn, General Counsel, 360i
- Faiza Javaid, Associate General Counsel, Forbes Media LLC
- Karen Dahlberg, Attorney, Federal Trade Commission, Northeast Region