Show Me the Money
October 21, 2016
10:15 - 11:45 AM
At this year's BESLA Conference in San José del Cabo, Mexico, Gregory Hessinger, will be speaking on the panel"Show Me the Money: Recent Labor & Employment Developments Surrounding Compensation That Every Entertainment Attorney Should Know" on October 21st.
This panel will discuss:
- Current issues and how to deal with compensation under the new SAG-AFTRA commercials contract given the evolution of digital and social media marketing;
- The pay equity laws that are sweeping across the country and the challenges companies are facing in negotiating compensation of talent;
- Whether there are still any viable options for having unpaid interns; and
- Misclassification and joint employer issues when using contingent workers.
Other Panelists Include:
- Shanell Parrish-Brown, Vice President, Employment Counsel, Viacom
- Jason Marsili, Partner, Posner Rosen LLP