Latest Developments in Fashion Law: Brand and Logo Protection
Su Ross will be speaking at The Beverly Hills Bar Association's upcoming Fashion Law program on October 9, 2014. This program will discuss the latest developments in Fashion Law both domestically and internationally. Su will be speaking about brand and logo protection in the import arena.
Topics covered will include:
- When to shout "Stop Thief!" and how to determine if a design is an unauthorized copy or merely a trend;
- Whether legislation is necessary to thwart design piracy;
- The moral rights conundrum with European designers;
- Why a red sole can serve as a trademark in the US but not under European or Brazilian trademark law
- Considerations when expanding into a foreign market (labeling laws, differing IP laws, etc)
- Emerging privacy issues in fashion retail; and
- How to navigate the world of international trade, customs, imports and exports.
- Susan K. Ross, Esq. Partner, Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP
- Staci Riordan, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Victoria Watkins, Esq. City of Chicago
- Bruna Rego Lins, Esq. Brazil
- Montaury Pimenta, Machado & Vieira de Mello
- Moderator: Victoria Burke, Esq.
To register or for more information, please visit the Beverly Hills Bar Association website by clicking here.