Music Litigation: Litigation Update on the Music Front
Christine Lepera will be speaking on the panel, "Music Litigation: Litigation Update on the Music Front," on October 30, 2020 for New York State Bar Association's Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Music Business and Law 2020 Conference: Music Litigation.
"Music Litigation: Litigation Update on the Music Front"
The last year has seen many exciting copyright and entertainment developments in the litigation arena. Five experienced panelists who have litigated extensively in the music industry will examine some of the high profile cases (e.g., the appellate ruling in the “Stairway to Heaven” case, music infringement actions involving Drake, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, and President Donald J. Trump, etc.), both for their legal impact and to highlight the parties’ litigation strategies. The panel will also look at the practical effects and implications of these cases and trends for litigation in the industry going forward.
- Moderator: Paul LiCalsi, Esq. | Reitler Kailas & Rosenblatt LLC
- Speaker: Brian D. Caplan, Esq. | Reitler Kailas & Rosenblatt LLC
- Speaker: Sandra A. Crawshaw-Sparks, Esq. | Proskauer
- Speaker: Helene Freeman, Esq. | Phillips Nizer LLP
- Speaker: Christine Lepera, Esq. | Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP
- Speaker: Hillel I. Parness, Esq. | Parness Law Firm PLLC