Forum on Film Finance, Production & Distribution
As American and Chinese filmmakers look for more opportunities in the U.S. and China, one might wonder what the differences are in film finance, production and distribution between the two countries.
A forum hosted by the American-Chinese CEO Society (ACCS) and Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP (MSK) will be held on Sunday, February 9, 2020 at MSK's office in Los Angeles to address this topic and other timely questions and considerations for those working in, or investing in, this industry.
Themes to be discussed at the forum include:
- Should I invest in theatrical films at major studios or in the independent film world?
- How to do film selection and green light analysis.
- How to negotiate deal terms and structure.
- How does distribution proceed "waterfalls" for foreign (Asian or Chinese) investors?
If you are a filmmaker, an Asian investor with capital for film investment, an individual interested in film investments or a film company looking for funding for your projects, this forum is for you.
The Forum will include special filmmakers, investors and attorneys who have years of experience working in the U.S. and China film industries. These speakers will analyze and discuss U.S.film investment and share an applicable guide for investors:
- Les Gold, MSK Partner focusing his practice generally on corporate law with an emphasis on shareholder disputes, mergers and acquisitions, representation of non-profit associations, representation before regulatory agencies, and contractual negotiations. Most importantly, he also focuses on security-related industries, and co-chairs MSK's China Practice, which primarily guides Chinese companies in doing business in the United States. Les is a Board Member of the American-Chinese CEO Society (ACCS).
- Steve Krone, a member of MSK’s Motion Picture, Television, and Music Transactions Department. He focuses on the representation of entertainment and media companies, financial institutions, investors and financiers, and individual creative artists and executives in connection with all aspects of the financing, development, production, acquisition, distribution and other exploitation of motion pictures, television programming, video games, music, and other content, products and services. He also has experience in the areas of intellectual property, copyright, non-copyright protection of ideas, privacy and celebrity publicity rights, defamation, and royalty and participation accounting.
- Xian Li, SK Global SVP Production (Crazy Rich Asians) and Former Director of Development and Production of 20th Century FOX
- Hui Wang, the president of Datang Brilliant Media Co,. Ltd. & the vice president of China Television Drama Production Industry Association, the vice president of Capital Radio & TV Program Producers Association.
- Kim Holland, Film Producer, Executive Producer & Film Financier Jeff Locker, an award-winning writer, actor, and host based in Los Angeles.
Registration & networking begins at 12:30 PM and the Forum is from 1:00-3:00 PM.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Nicholas Hampton at email@example.com.