Steel & Aluminum Tariffs - Key Compliance and Other Considerations
Su Ross will be speaking on "Steel & Aluminum Tariffs - Key Compliance and Other Considerations for You," for the Los Angeles chapter of Women in International Trade (WIT-LA). This program will be held on April 5, 2018 at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor in San Pedro, CA.
WIT-LA will be hosting this hot topic informational lunch program to review, discuss and ask questions about:
- The latest news about how the steel and aluminum tariffs apply;
- The enforcement methods Customs and Boarder Protection is likely to implement;
- The grounds for an exclusion being granted to U.S. trading partners; This means by which companies may seek exclusions for given products; and What might happen if/when a complaint is filed at the world Trade Organization.
This program will also answer the following questions:
- What products are covered by the steel and aluminum tariffs?
- How does an American company go about seeking an exclusion?
- What countries are already excluded?
- What are the key points to be prepared to answer when CBP starts asking questions about our steel and aluminum products?