Steel / Aluminum Tariffs – Key Compliance and Other Considerations
Su Ross will be moderating the panel, "Steel / Aluminum Tariffs – Key Compliance and Other Considerations for Companies and their Lawyers," for the American Bar Association, Section of International Law. This program will be held on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 in Washington, D.C.
The steel and aluminum tariffs were announced on March 8, 2018. This program will discuss:
- The latest news about how the steel and aluminum tariffs apply;
- The enforcement methods Customs and Border Protection is likely to implement;
- The grounds for any exclusions being granted to U.S. trading partners;
- The means by which companies may seek exclusion for given products; and
- What might happen if/when a complaint is filed at the World Trade Organization.
Moderator: Susan Kohn Ross, MSK, ABA /SIL International Trade Committee
- Laura M. Baughman, President, The Trade Partnership and Trade Partnership Worldwide, LLC
- Jennifer McCadney, Kelly Drye, American Association of Exporters and Importers, Trade Policy Committee Co-Chair
- James Mendenhall, Sidley, former USTR General Counsel
- Leslie A. Glick, Butzel Long, ABA / SIL Customs Committee Co-Chair
(Additional speakers pending)
The in-person location of this program is:
Barnes & Thornburg
1717 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 500
Washington, D.C. 20006-4623
Lunch will be provided!
Teleconference option available! Dial-in information will be emailed to all registrants the day before the program.