Brian Fu focuses his practice on immigration matters for extraordinary individuals in motion picture and television, arts, and business. He has experience representing clients in a wide range of industries, including entertainment, tech, healthcare, food and beverage, automotive, fashion, and athletics. Brian has successfully worked with Tech PERM clients in Silicon Valley, L-1 and E-2 executives, and EB-1, O-1, and P-1 entertainment professionals. Furthermore, he has counseled numerous clients in court and at immigration interviews.
- Successfully expedited adjudication of nonimmigrant petitions, consultations, and visa process for 10+ talent and production team members with complex travel plans to work on multinational, multi-million dollar production.
- Handled the preparation of urgent O-1/O-2 petitions and counseled related studios, talent/management agencies, and production teams to secure emergency visas to attend important press and publicity events for major, multi-million dollar network production.
- Obtained numerous visas for executives, artists, and support personnel to work on high-profile video game projects.
- Proved eligibility and received approval for young professionals (actors, directors, etc.) to work on entertainment and commercial productions after preparing winning responses to lengthy requests for evidence.
- Advised high-level executives and in-house counsel on labor and employment issues for foreign nationals, such as work authorization, I-9 compliances issues, etc.
- Successfully responded to numerous lengthy RFEs/NOIDs and received approvals for business immigration clients (H-1B, L-1, E-2, etc.).
- Won Immigration Court cases for reviews of prior denials.
- Had numerous I-290B motions granted reopening denials.
- Proved nunc pro tunc and reinstatement cases on behalf of clients.
- Received favorable outcomes for I-212 and I-601 waivers for inadmissibility findings.
- Responded successfully to audits for PERM cases.
Honors & Awards
- "Southern California Rising Stars," Super Lawyers (2022-2023)
- Japanese Government Monbukagakusho Scholarship Recipient
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Member, Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association Pro Bono Committee
- Member, Melbourne Law School Mentoring Program
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
Other Career Experience
- Associate Attorney, Law Offices of Sabrina Li, P.C.
- Law Clerk, Law Offices of Sabrina Li, P.C.
- Law Clerk, Liu Law, Inc.
- Law Clerk, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA)
Events & Speaking Engagements
- JusticeCorps Life After AmeriCorps PanelApril 23, 2022
- Founders in Education Sub-Community at Harvard Innovation Lab; presented to Harvard student entrepreneurs and held a workshop
- New York
- J.D., Melbourne Law School (Australia)
- Study Abroad, Keio University (Japan)
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley