Corey Singer has extensive experience advising clients on labor and employment issues including wage and hour, unions, employee misclassification, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, EEO, WARN notices, and overall litigation strategy. Additionally, Corey has expertise in drafting and filing documents at various stages of litigation and overseeing all aspects of discovery, including taking depositions.
- Represented a retailer against a certified class of truck drivers in a month-long wage-and-hour trial in federal court, successfully defeated a motion seeking $80+ million in penalties, and drafted appeal to Ninth Circuit.
- Defended a technology company in a month-long arbitration where claimant sought over $1 billion in a contract dispute; trial experience includes second-chairing witnesses and drafting direct/cross examinations.
- Represented a major technology company against class alleging California Labor Code and PAGA violations.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a national origin discrimination and wrongful termination lawsuit.
- Secured a favorable settlement in a Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower retaliation suit before the Dept. of Labor.
- Conducted a high-profile sexual harassment investigation of a celebrity on behalf of a record label.
- Represented a technology company in a class action antitrust action regarding mobile apps.
- Represented a television studio and network in a dispute over profit participation and fraud claims.
- Successfully obtained asylum for 3 pro bono clients, including one at the Board of Immigration Appeals.
- Represented a national retailer against alleged class claims of gender discrimination.
- Represented a health insurance company in individual lawsuits as well as class actions seeking unpaid health benefits under the terms of respective employee benefits plans pursuant to ERISA 502(a).
- Secured dismissal with prejudice in a civil extortion and emotional distress case brought by a well-known musician.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Board Member, University of Pennsylvania Platt Performing Arts House Advisory Council
- Board Member, Penn Performing Arts Regional Council of Los Angeles
Other Career Experience
Associate, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Summer Associate, Fox Entertainment Group
Summer Associate, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- August 27, 2020
- April 23, 2020
- October 5, 2022
- EEOC Issues New Guidance on COVID-19 Reasonable Accommodation and Return-to-Work IssuesApril 21, 2020
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S.D.C., Central District of California
- U.S.D.C., Northern District of California
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2014
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2010