Justin Farrell focuses his practice on sophisticated estate and tax planning for high net worth individuals as well as trust and inheritance dispute litigation. He has experience in drafting:
- tax efficient estate plans for high-net worth individuals
- ABC trusts and disclaimer trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, applying for EINs, and Crummey Letters
- ancillary estate planning documents such as wills, durable power of attorneys, advanced health care directives, and certification of trusts
- memoranda regarding estate planning techniques such as sale to grantor trusts, GRATs, and QPRTs
- successful Heggstad petitions
Justin also has experience with:
- Researching and drafting petitions, motions, memoranda, and meeting and conferring letters including petitions to remove trustees due to breach of fiduciary duties, motions to quash, motions to disqualify, and motions to shift burden of proof.
- Funding trusts with real and personal property, assisting clients in effective change in title to accounts and life insurance policies.
- Advising clients regarding annual gift exclusion amount and strategic gifting to reduce overall estate.
- Preparing trust transfer deeds and preliminary change in ownership reports.
- Conferring with clients in trusts and estates litigation matters regarding discovery requests and responses.
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Honey & Copp Lawyers
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Ming W. Chin, California Supreme Court
- Summer Associate, Murchison and Cumming, LLP