Importing & Sourcing: A legal discussion of the obstacles and Challenges of Designing with Specialty, Rare or Exotic Materials
New York, NY
March 11, 2015
MSK and Damsels in Design will be co-hosting the bi-annual legal panel discussing importing & sourcing products and textiles. Join us for an in-depth discussion on the issues designers face when creating specialty garments and products with rare, exotic or patented materials.
In addition to our specialized legal panel of attorneys from MSK's fashion practice group, we will be hosting two fashion designers including John Caruso--VP of Men's Design at Tommy Hilfiger and Cassandra Kane--Fur & Leather Specialist at Elie Tahari, who will discuss their day-to-day experiences of designing and sourcing fabrics from abroad and the issues they've faced as they developed entire collections year round.
Why You Should Attend:
- Great opportunity to connect with designers, marketing and PR professionals and creative entrepreneurs to grow your network
- Approach our legal professionals about questions you might have related to your business
- Learn what pitfalls to watch out for from seasoned designers when designing your own products
- Meet VPs from top fashion brands including Tommy Hilfiger, Theory and Elie Tahari
- Enjoy complimentary breakfast with the most stylish ladies around!
- Special $25 Discount when you sign up for a DID Membership the morning of the event