It’s a Mess: What Happens When You Don’t Pay Attention When Your Clients Are Cross Borders
Charles Kolstad will be speaking on the panel “It’s a Mess: What Happens When You Don’t Pay Attention When Your Clients Are Cross Borders,” at the 48th Annual Entertainment Industry Conference in Los Angeles, CA. This panel will take place on Wednesday, June 20, at 2:35 PM (PST).
Attendees can expect to learn about important issues to keep in mind when your US clients are doing business in Canada or vice versa.
Topics covered will include:
- Residency (exit/departure issues, pre-immigration tax planning, planned v. accidental change in residency)
- Non-residents performing in Canada or US (withholding and compliance requirements)
- Filing requirements: who is eligible to file Central Withholding Agreements (compliance requirements, timeline, steps for filing)
- US/Canada Hybrid Clients (entity form and related issues)
- Estate planning and use of trusts and business-related cross-border issues (insurance, merchandise, duties, visas, foreign exchange)
- Charles Kolstad - MSK
- Andrew M. Reback - Cassel Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Beth Sabbagh - David Weise & Associates, Inc.
- Patricia Terrence - Sprackman Terrence LLP