International Copyright Transactions - Recent Copyright Law Developments
Kevin Rosenbaum will be speaking on the panel, "International Copyright Transactions - Recent Copyright Law Developments Around the World and Their Impact on Licensing and Protection of US Works," at the 33rd Annual ABA Intellectual Property Law Conference on April 20th.
Recent Copyright Law Developments Around the World and Their Impact on Licensing and Protection of US Works
Description: This program will explore recent copyright law developments around the world and how these developments are likely to impact licensing and protection of US works abroad. Expert copyright IP practitioners, actively working within this area, will discuss the following topics:
- Digital Single Markets directive in the EU
- Canada's review this year of its modernization law, focusing on the broad exceptions in that law, including the education and user generated content exceptions
- Copyright treatment in trade agreements, including the proposed copyright provisions in the new NAFTA.
- Ron Wheeler, Twentieth Century Fox, Beverly Hills, CA
- Casey Chisick, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP, Toronto, CA
- Bijou Mgbojikwe, Entertainment Software Association (ESA), Washington, DC
- Kevin Rosenbaum, Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP, Washington, DC
- Maria Strong, US Copyright Office, Washington, DC