David Wulkan's practice focuses on corporate immigration law with particular expertise working with multinational information technology companies, healthcare providers, and accounting firms to obtain visas for highly technical roles. He advises corporate clients regarding compliance with Department of Labor and USCIS regulations and regularly handles cases before USCIS, Immigration Court, the Administrative Appeals Office, and Federal Court. David has expertise in H-1B, L-1, EB-1, TN, E-1, E-2, J-1, O-1, and P-3 cases.
- *Successfully argued Innova v. Baran which created Ninth Circuit precedent setting the standard for H-1B specialty occupation determinations.
*Indicates matters handled prior to joining MSK
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Law Offices of David M. Sturman
- Volunteer Law Clerk, United States Department of Justice, Environment & Natural Resources Division
- Legal Intern, North Carolina Department of Justice, Environmental Division, Administrative Section
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Otis D. Wright II, United States District Court for the Central District of California
- California (2014)
- U.S.D.C. Central District of California (2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (2020)
Duke University School of Law, J.D.
University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., magna cum laude