Ian T. Logan is an associate in Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp's Litigation Practice Group. Ian’s practice focuses on commercial litigation with an emphasis on intellectual property, trade secrets, and contract disputes.
His work encompasses litigation and regulatory matters across a variety of industries, including media and technology, healthcare, and contract law. Ian also has experience in state and federal health care regulation, data privacy, copyright and trademark infringement matters, and regulatory compliance counseling.
Prior to joining the firm, Ian interned at the Writers Guild of America West where he represented screenwriters in dispute resolution and arbitration related to breach of contract claims, writing credit disputes, and enforcement of the Guild’s collective bargaining agreement.
- Representing a remote-learning educational training company in a trade secret dispute with a former executive.
- Representing a pro bono client to invalidate a trust and will established as a result of fraud.
- Represented a remote-proctoring technology company in a dispute involving copyright infringement and interference with business relationships.*
- Represented a national health insurance company in a dispute over the fraudulent inflation of prescription drug reimbursement prices.*
- Represented a state-run health plan client in a breach of contract matter regarding prescription reimbursement overcharges by a pharmacy benefit manager.*
- Represented a health care client in the de-credentialing of a doctor who posed a risk to patient safety.*
- Represented an aviation industry client in a trademark dispute involving the alleged misuse of engine component model numbers.*
- Represented a pro bonoclient in his Withholding of Removal claim under the Convention Against Torture.*
- Represented a pro bono client to uphold the renewal of a domestic violence restraining order.*
- Wrote an amicus brief on behalf of a client whose case was heard by the Supreme Court.*
*Denotes matters handled prior to joining MSK.
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Legal Department Intern, Writers Guild of America West
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
The Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Law, J.D., 2019; cum laude
Executive Comments Editor, Penn State Law Review
The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2015; Dean’s List