Albina focuses her practice on international arbitration matters and general commercial litigation. She is dual-qualified in civil law and common law and admitted to practice in New York and Russian Federation. Prior to joining MSK, Albina worked at the World Bank where she consulted governments on best practices related to protecting minority investors.
- Assisting litigation team bringing claims on behalf of the victims of a commercial airplane hijacking (June 1985) for compensation from Iran under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act Terrorism Exception. This matter involves litigation and briefing of all aspects of the FSIA’s Terrorism statute including obtaining jurisdiction over a sovereign state sponsor of terrorism.
- Represented a start-up company for contractual and non-contractual claims under domestic arbitration rules.
- Member of litigation team that successfully won summary judgment for health insurance industry client in copyright action involving allegations of infringement of software code.
Honors & Awards
- Exceptional Pro Bono Pledge Honoree (Georgetown University Law Center, May 2015)
Other Career Experience
- Legal Consultant, World Bank Group (2016)
- Assistant Editor, World Arbitration & Mediation Review (2016-2017)
- Legal Intern, Office of the New York State Attorney General (2015-2016)
- New Hampshire Bar News , July 19, 2017
- New York
- Russian Federation
Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., 2015; Certificate in International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
Russian State University of Justice, Diploma in Law, 2010