Albina focuses her practice on international arbitration and federal litigation matters involving contract disputes, enforcement of arbitral awards, public international law and jurisdictional issues, including the application of the Foreign Sovereign Immunity Act (“FSIA”). She is a bilingual (Russian, English), dual-qualified lawyer in both common law and civil law, and can help clients orient and navigate in a wide variety of legal systems and jurisdictions.
- Assisting litigation team bringing claims on behalf of the victims of a commercial airplane hijacking (June 1985) for compensation from Iran under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act Terrorism Exception. This matter involves litigation and briefing of all aspects of the FSIA’s Terrorism statute including obtaining jurisdiction over a sovereign state sponsor of terrorism.
- Represented a start-up company for contractual and non-contractual claims under domestic arbitration rules.
- Member of litigation team that successfully won summary judgment for health insurance industry client in copyright action involving allegations of infringement of software code.
Honors & Awards
- Exceptional Pro Bono Pledge Honoree (Georgetown University Law Center, May 2015)
- "Rising Star," New York Super Lawyers (2019-2020)
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Assistant Editor, ITA in Review
Other Career Experience
- Legal Consultant, World Bank Group (2016)
- Assistant Editor, World Arbitration & Mediation Review (2016-2017)
- Legal Intern, Office of the New York State Attorney General (2015-2016)
- Global Arbitration Review - Investment Treaty Arbitration Know-how, December 9, 2020
- How the Five Nations Agreed to Divide Up the SeaABA Section of International Law's Eurasia/Russia Committee Newsletter, Fall 2018
- New Hampshire Bar News , July 19, 2017
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- District of Columbia
- Southern District of New York
Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., 2015; Certificate in International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
Russian State University of Justice, Diploma in Law, 2010