ATTORNEY OPENINGS - LOS ANGELES
MSK’s Corporate, Securities & Business Transactions group is seeking an associate in its Los Angeles office with 2-3 years of corporate and securities law experience, with a focus on SEC registration and reporting, corporate finance and mergers & acquisitions for publicly traded companies. Ideal candidates should be familiar with and have experience representing issuers in connection with the preparation and filing of registration statements for initial and follow-on public offerings, including shelf takedowns and other underwritten offerings, and resale registration statements. Ideal candidates should also have expertise in preparing Schedule 14A proxy statements, Schedule 14C Information Statements, and the preparation and filing of periodic and current reports required by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, along with “insider filings” in satisfaction of Section 16 reporting requirements. Experience in mergers & acquisitions for public and private emerging growth companies is also important. Qualified candidates for this position must have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
Labor and Employment Associate
We are seeking a mid-level Labor and Employment Associate with 3-5 years of employment and traditional labor experience for the Los Angeles office. Our Labor and Employment Department consists of over 20 full time Labor and Employment attorneys. The successful candidate must have excellent analytical and writing skills, substantial experience handling employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and class action cases, and experience advising clients on day-to-day employment issues. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
Trusts and Estates Associate
We are seeking a Trusts & Estates Associate with 3 to 5 years of experience for our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate would have experience in a large or mid-size firm with a substantial Trusts & Estates practice or a Trusts & Estates boutique firm practicing estate planning, wealth transfer tax, trust administration, and probate law. Excellent analytical, writing and organizational skills as well as outstanding academic credentials are preferred.
attorney openings - NEW YORK
attorney openings - Washington, dc
Senior Attorney (Washington, DC)
For our Washington DC office, we are seeking a lawyer with 8-12 years of international arbitration and U.S. federal court litigation experience (preferably related to both investor-state and complex commercial disputes) to join our fast-growing international arbitration practice. Candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment on novel and complex cases. Portable business and demonstrated success in business development are a plus. The successful candidate must have substantial background in international law; an outstanding academic record; excellent analytical skills; and a proven ability to manage complex matters and supervise younger lawyers. Near-native fluency in a second language (German, French, Spanish) and background in both common law and civil law are also a plus.
STAFF OPPORTUNITIES - LOS ANGELES
Help Desk Specialist
We have an opening for a Help Desk Specialist to join our team! The Help Desk Specialist will have responsibility including, but not limited to: remote and desk-side troubleshooting and inputting and tracking all calls via our ticketing system. This position's primary responsibility will be the first point of contact for the firm IT questions and issues. The position is expected to be able to assist with desktop, handheld, remote access and network environments. A high degree of communication/ interaction required with end users.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide telephone and desk-side support for all software programs, applications and hardware supported by the Firm.
- Log all calls into firm-wide help desk issue call tracking database. Close and document all calls in a timely fashion.
- Prioritize, analyze and resolve problems (doing what is necessary to prevent problems from recurring).
- Understand and execute standard escalation procedures.
- Follow-up with end-users on open customer service requests and unresolved issues.
- Ability to respond calmly to high pressure situations and to professionally communicate with non‑technical staff.
- Work on special projects/assignments as needed.
- Read reference materials and appropriate periodicals to stay current on software enhancements and new applications introduced in the Firm.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the supported operating systems, the Microsoft Office product suite as well as firm-supported enterprise applications (e.g., document management, CRM, etc.).
- Experience working with mobile devices (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, etc.).
- Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware-based issues required.
- Ability to move, lift and install computer equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with detailed information accurately and efficiently.
- Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter with excellent time management skills who is able to handle a variety of projects that require tight deadlines.
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Candidate must be able to work well as part of a team as well as work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibits clear and concise telephone and email etiquette.
- Ability to interact with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Flexibility for occasional overtime required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate from an approved technical/computer school (or equivalent experience) and/or 3 years of computer-related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree not required but is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency or experience with supported operating systems, the Microsoft Office product suite as well as firm-supported enterprise applications (e.g., document management, CRM, etc.).
- Law firm experience preferred, but not required.
We are seeking a Records Clerk to join our Los Angeles team full-time.
Responsibilities include assisting and supporting the operations of the Records Department, such as:
- Data entry and electronic tracking of firm files using a records management system.
- Creating files according to Firm standards (numbering, labeling, scanning, organizing).
- Conduct document and inventory reviews of all records, physical and electronic.
- Independently classify and code files.
- Perform imaging and scanning services.
- Facilitate transfers of hard copy and electronic files into and out of the firm.
- Continually assess and improve functional operations.
- Manage special projects associated with paper-to-electronic file transitioning.
- Provide training and measure program compliance against a firm’s stated policies.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A high school diploma and a minimum of one year of related work experience.
- Previous records management experience with demonstrated knowledge of filing procedures and techniques in a legal environment with a records management experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with online conflict and intake systems.
- Training in law firm conflict/new business preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Must be able to work standing up all or most of the time.
The Firm offers a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a pleasant and supportive environment.