ATTORNEY OPENINGS - LOS ANGELES
Labor and Employment Associate
We are seeking a mid-level Labor and Employment Associate with 3-5 years of employment and traditional labor experience for the Los Angeles office. Our Labor and Employment Department consists of over 20 full time Labor and Employment attorneys. The successful candidate must have excellent analytical and writing skills, substantial experience handling employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and class action cases, and experience advising clients on day-to-day employment issues. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
attorney openings - NEW YORK
attorney openings - Washington, dc
Senior Attorney (Washington, DC)
For our Washington DC office, we are seeking a lawyer with 8-12 years of international arbitration and U.S. federal court litigation experience (preferably related to both investor-state and complex commercial disputes) to join our fast-growing international arbitration practice. Candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment on novel and complex cases. Portable business and demonstrated success in business development are a plus. The successful candidate must have substantial background in international law; an outstanding academic record; excellent analytical skills; and a proven ability to manage complex matters and supervise younger lawyers. Near-native fluency in a second language (German, French, Spanish) and background in both common law and civil law are also a plus.
STAFF OPPORTUNITIES - LOS ANGELES
Help Desk Specialist
We have an opening for a Help Desk Specialist to join our team! The Help Desk Specialist will have responsibility including, but not limited to: remote and desk-side troubleshooting and inputting and tracking all calls via our ticketing system. This position's primary responsibility will be the first point of contact for the firm IT questions and issues. The position is expected to be able to assist with desktop, handheld, remote access and network environments. A high degree of communication/ interaction required with end users.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide telephone and desk-side support for all software programs, applications and hardware supported by the Firm.
- Log all calls into firm-wide help desk issue call tracking database. Close and document all calls in a timely fashion.
- Prioritize, analyze and resolve problems (doing what is necessary to prevent problems from recurring).
- Understand and execute standard escalation procedures.
- Follow-up with end-users on open customer service requests and unresolved issues.
- Ability to respond calmly to high pressure situations and to professionally communicate with non‑technical staff.
- Work on special projects/assignments as needed.
- Read reference materials and appropriate periodicals to stay current on software enhancements and new applications introduced in the Firm.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the supported operating systems, the Microsoft Office product suite as well as firm-supported enterprise applications (e.g., document management, CRM, etc.).
- Experience working with mobile devices (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, etc.).
- Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware-based issues required.
- Ability to move, lift and install computer equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with detailed information accurately and efficiently.
- Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter with excellent time management skills who is able to handle a variety of projects that require tight deadlines.
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Candidate must be able to work well as part of a team as well as work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibits clear and concise telephone and email etiquette.
- Ability to interact with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Flexibility for occasional overtime required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate from an approved technical/computer school (or equivalent experience) and/or 3 years of computer-related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree not required but is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency or experience with supported operating systems, the Microsoft Office product suite as well as firm-supported enterprise applications (e.g., document management, CRM, etc.).
- Law firm experience preferred, but not required.