ATTORNEY OPENINGS - LOS ANGELES
attorney openings - NEW YORK
attorney openings - Washington, dc
STAFF OPPORTUNITIES - LOS ANGELES
Project Assistant, Los Angeles Office
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP is a mid-sized law firm on the west side of Los Angeles. The Firm practices business law with an emphasis on Complex Litigation, Intellectual Property & Technology, Immigration, Labor & Employment, Entertainment, Tax, Benefits, Corporate Business Transaction, and Wealth Management. We are seeking a Project Assistant to join our team.
- organizing and maintaining documents and files in major litigation
- conducting internet and other research
- organizing documents and exhibits for use at depositions and court appearances
- provide general support for attorneys and paralegals.
Undergraduate degree required. Academic performance will be considered. Please include GPA on resume. Successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be detail oriented and organized. Ideal position for recent college graduates (including 2017 graduates) interested in working for a year or two before entering law school or graduate school.
Must have experience with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Legal Administrative Assistant, Los Angeles Office
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP, a mid-sized law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Washington D.C., has an immediate opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant in its Los Angeles office. The position will entail supporting 3 - 4 busy Partners in the Firm’s Litigation, Labor & Employment and Intellectual Property practice groups. The Firm offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- Performs typing, transcription, stenographic, and file maintenance duties.
- Prepares documents in final format, including but not limited to redlining, blacklining, merge, columns, footnoting, creating tables of contents, tables, etc. in accordance with local courts rules for filing with various courts and administrative agencies.
- Creates and edits drafts of documents (correspondence, reports, charts, pleadings and other legal documents) from written copy, transcribed tapes and/or pre-typed data using advanced word processing features of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a timely and professional manner and communicates an accurate message on behalf of the caller.
- Sends/receives/manages e-mails and related attachments using Outlook.
- Accurately enters attorney time on a timely basis.
- Arranges meetings and schedules appointments; opens, sorts and distributes mail.
- Must handle electronic case filings in the state and federal courts.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- A minimum of 3 years of litigation secretarial experience with proficiency in litigation terminology and procedures including federal court filing and e-filing procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be enthusiastic about performing and learning varied litigation support tasks.
- Must be proficient in Windows 7 and with Microsoft Office 2010 including MS Word and Outlook. Excel and familiarity with a document management system, i.e. DocsOpen, Worldox, iManage, Filesite, Net documents.
- Accurate typing skills of 65+ wpm.
Help Desk Specialist
We have an opening for a Help Desk Specialist to join our team! The Help Desk Specialist will have responsibility including, but not limited to: remote and desk-side troubleshooting and inputting and tracking all calls via our ticketing system. This position's primary responsibility will be the first point of contact for the firm IT questions and issues. The position is expected to be able to assist with desktop, handheld, remote access and network environments. A high degree of communication/ interaction required with end users.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide telephone and desk-side support for all software programs, applications and hardware supported by the Firm.
- Log all calls into firm-wide help desk issue call tracking database. Close and document all calls in a timely fashion.
- Prioritize, analyze and resolve problems (doing what is necessary to prevent problems from recurring).
- Understand and execute standard escalation procedures.
- Follow-up with end-users on open customer service requests and unresolved issues.
- Ability to respond calmly to high pressure situations and to professionally communicate with non‑technical staff.
- Work on special projects/assignments as needed.
- Read reference materials and appropriate periodicals to stay current on software enhancements and new applications introduced in the Firm.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the supported operating systems, the Microsoft Office product suite as well as firm-supported enterprise applications (e.g., document management, CRM, etc.).
- Experience working with mobile devices (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, etc.).
- Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware-based issues required.
- Ability to move, lift and install computer equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with detailed information accurately and efficiently.
- Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter with excellent time management skills who is able to handle a variety of projects that require tight deadlines.
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Candidate must be able to work well as part of a team as well as work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibits clear and concise telephone and email etiquette.
Ability to interact with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Flexibility for occasional overtime required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate from an approved technical/computer school (or equivalent experience) and/or 3 years of computer-related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree not required but is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency or experience with supported operating systems, the Microsoft Office product suite as well as firm-supported enterprise applications (e.g., document management, CRM, etc.).
- Law firm experience preferred, but not required.
Send resume with cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com.