ATTORNEY OPENINGS - LOS ANGELES
We are seeking a third to fifth year Tax Associate for our Los Angeles office to work with private clients in the tax, trusts and estates practice and to support the firm’s transactional practice. The ideal candidate must have strong income tax training and experience including corporate and financing transactions. Familiarity with Subchapter C is essential and Subchapter K is desirable. The candidate must also have excellent analytical and writing skills, and strong interpersonal skills. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
We are seeking a mid-level Litigation Associate with 2-4 years of copyright litigation experience for our Los Angeles office. In addition to extensive knowledge of Copyright law and the DMCA, the ideal candidate must have a knowledge of or experience with digital media and computer software, including video games, interactive entertainment, and web-based content. The candidate must also have excellent analytical and writing skills, and experience handling litigation and the DMCA. Outstanding academic credentials are required.
attorney openings - NEW YORK
attorney openings - Washington, dc
STAFF OPPORTUNITIES - LOS ANGELES
Under the supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer and Marketing Manager, the Marketing Assistant will provide tactical support to a variety of marketing, communications and business development activities. Seeking a sharp, enthusiastic self-starter with a strong client service orientation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Prepare customized collateral materials, including client proposals and firm brochures, for new business pitches and presentations.
- Maintain the firm’s marketing databases, utilizing them to produce targeted mailing lists.
- Layout, produce and distribute firm alerts, announcements, invitations and advertisements.
- Coordinate client programs, including managing registration; arranging facilities, catering and tech support; preparing PowerPoint presentations and handout materials; providing guest reception; and facilitating attorney follow-up.
- Assist in updating the firm website and various marketing materials, in Word and on the firm’s website.
- Assist with directory updates and attorney ranking submissions.
- Collect and archive representative matters, industry experience, speaking engagements and client lists.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree plus at least 1 year marketing experience in a professional services field is required; law firm experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) is required; facility with Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Suite, Adobe InDesign and QuarkXPress preferred; graphic design/page layout and print experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Superior writing, proofreading and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and use common sense in solving problems; a team player.
Business Immigration Paralegal
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP is a mid-sized law firm on the West side of Los Angeles. Our firm practices business law with an emphasis on Complex Litigation, Intellectual Property & Technology, Immigration, Labor & Employment, Entertainment, Tax, Benefits, Corporate Business Transaction, and Wealth Management. We are seeking an Immigration Paralegal to join our team.
Job responsibilities include:
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Business Immigration Paralegal, with specific expertise related to the arts and entertainment visa petitions (O and P visa categories).
- Must include significant experience preparing and processing applications for O-1 visas
- Experience preparing E, H, L, O, P filings is a plus.
- Certificate of completion from an ABA approved paralegal program or a B.A. or advanced degree plus an Attorney Attestation of completion of law-related experience (Business & Professions Code Section 6450 et seq.).
- Excellent analytical, research, oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service skills, teamwork, leadership and reliability
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary history to StaffRecruits@msk.com.