Jake Albertson represents clients in a wide range of matters, with a focus on complex commercial disputes, intellectual property, entertainment, and media law. He has extensive experience in all stages of litigation, including pre-litigation consulting, motion practice, and trial.
- Currently representing clients in the music, restaurant, and wine industries in ongoing litigation.
- Represented a satellite service provider in multiple suits concerning intellectual property, contract disputes, and telemarketing law. Cases included a consumer class action and a suit by the U.S. Department of Justice and four state attorneys general.
- Represented a cosmetics packaging manufacturer in a patent licensing dispute. Drafted motion to dismiss that led to favorable settlement.
- Represented various financial services companies in state and federal court securities litigations across the country.
- Represented a Big Four accounting firm in investigations by the SEC and CFPB.
Honors & Awards
"Pro Bono Publico Award," Legal Aid Society (2012-2013)
Other Career Experience
Associate, Litigation; Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP (2011-2016)
Associate; Kairys, Rudovsky, Messing & Feinberg LLP (2010-2011)