Mr. Gordon is a Partner in the New York office. His practice focuses on the representation of companies in securities, employment, corporate governance, and general complex commercial disputes, including class action lawsuits.
- Obtained dismissal of a securities class action lawsuit brought against a biotechnology company alleging that fraudulent misrepresentations were made in proxy materials.
- Successfully defended a major hotel management company against claims brought by a prominent company in the financial services industry concerning a financing transaction.
- Obtained dismissal of a lawsuit charging fraud brought against a hedge fund manager by a disgruntled investor.
- Obtained dismissal of a pregnancy discrimination lawsuit brought against an online media company. The former employee was required to reimburse, in part, her former employer for its defense costs.
- Defended a securities class action lawsuit brought against a well-known company in the entertainment industry. The case was resolved with the entertainment company having to make no payment.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a technology company and currently defending entertainment industry companies in wage and hour class action lawsuits
- Successfully resolved SEC and other regulatory investigations of clients in the computer services, online media and financial services industries.
- Successfully defended an age discrimination lawsuit brought by a sales representative against a major pharmaceutical company.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar judgment following trial on behalf of a major pharmaceutical company in a commercial dispute with a brokerage firm.
- Successfully represented a hedge fund in a lawsuit to enforce anti-dilution provisions of a convertible debenture. In connection with a settlement, the hedge fund received consideration worth approximately five times the face value of the convertible debenture.
- Defended the CEO of a prominent telecommunications company in a securities class action lawsuit relating to the IPO of the company's stock. The claims were dismissed without any payment made by the CEO.
- Successfully defended a race discrimination lawsuit brought by a former company officer against a large consumer electronics company.
- Successfully defended a breach of contract lawsuit brought by a former employee of a nutrition supplements company.
- Obtained the voluntary dismissal of claims of violation of the FMLA and gender discrimination brought against a pharmaceutical company.
- Successfully defended against a breach of contract lawsuit brought by a bankruptcy trustee against an online media company.
- Represented a member of the board of directors of a medical device company in connection with litigation that involved, inter alia, charges that the company had made misrepresentations to the FDA about the results of certain clinical trials.
- Regularly provide advice to clients with respect to issues of employment law and prepare employment-related agreements.
Honors & Awards
Southern California, Super Lawyers (2007, 2013-2016)
Other Career Experience
- Predecessor Firm, Richardson & Patel LLP
- November 22, 2016
- June 27, 2016
- May 9, 2016
- April 21, 2016
- August 2015
- October 2014
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- Third Circuit
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1992
Columbia University, A.B., 1989