Will Lisa represents employers in a variety of employment litigation matters, including defending against single-plaintiff and multi-plaintiff discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination claims and wage & hour class and collective actions in federal and state court. He has extensive experience in drafting summary judgment and appellate briefs. Will also has experience litigating complex commercial disputes in many different industries. He counsels clients regarding compliance with state and federal law, personnel policies and manuals, and other personnel decisions.
- Drafted multiple successful motions for summary judgment, motions to dismiss and motions to compel arbitration.
- Drafted successful oppositions to appeals of summary judgment in both the California and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeal.
- Drafted and argued successful motion to stay PAGA Action pending arbitration of employee’s individual claims.
- Drafted and argued successful opposition to motion to quash service of summons, and successfully opposed petition for writ of mandate challenging trial court’s order.
- Drafted successful oppositions to motions for summary judgment.
- Successfully argued motion to compel arbitration.
- Extensive experience advising employers on litigation prevention and compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Conducts employee discipline and misconduct investigations.
- Provides anti-harassment training to client employees.
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Buchalter, P.C.
- Associate, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Legal Intern, San Francisco District Attorney's Office
- U.S.D.C., Northern District of California
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of California
- U.S.D.C., Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D.
- Columbia University, B.A., cum laude