Shanda Lowe represents employers in the retail, manufacturing, and logistics industries against wrongful termination, employment discrimination, retaliation, and wage & hour actions in arbitrations, State and Federal Court. Shanda has extensive experience conducting internal investigations and providing recommendations regarding settlement of pre-litigation disputes and/or disciplinary actions for current employees. She also advises clients’ human resources teams regarding handbooks & policy updates, employee & contractor classification, employment notices & contracts, termination and disciplinary decisions, and responding to wage & hour audits by the Labor Commissioner’s Office and EDD.
- Opposed an appeal of a successful motion for summary judgment on behalf of the employer and five individual defendants in the 4th District Court of Appeals.*
- Acted as trial counsel taking a fraudulent conversion case, with complicated discovery disputes and 5th Amendment issues, to a jury verdict approximately 3-4 months after taking over for prior counsel.*
*Denotes matters handled prior to joining MSK.
Other Career Experience
- Senior Associate, Ford Harrison, LLP
- Associate, Adli Law Group PC
- Attorney, Southern California Gas Company
- Reserve Deputy City Attorney, Los Angeles City, Central Branch
- California, 2011
- U.S.D.C., Central District of California
- U.S.D.C., Eastern District of California
- U.S.D.C., Northern District of California
Loyola Law School, LL.M. in Taxation
Southwestern Law School, J.D.
Claremont McKenna College, B.A.