Alina Charniauskaya Mehta focuses her practice on supporting multinational corporations, primarily in the financial, technology, pharmaceutical, and natural resources industries, in various PERM and employment-based immigration cases. She has experience overseeing all NIV cases, including O-1s, TNs, L-1s, H-1Bs, and E visas, as well as IV cases, and overseeing PERM cases from beginning to end, including responses to DOL audits. Alina also has experience drafting responses to Requests for Evidence, NOIDs, and motions to reconsider and reopen denials of petitions and applications filed with the USCIS.
Alina maintains an active pro bono practice and regularly represents pro bono clients, including in appeals at the Board of Immigration Appeals, with a special focus on detained individuals.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Founding Member, Free Belarus Coalition
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Lowey LLP
- Staff Attorney, NY Immigrant Family Unity Project, The Legal Aid Society
- Senior Associate, Law Office of Theodore N. Cox
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.