Commercial litigation and intellectual property law with a focus on copyright, trademark, entertainment, fashion, technology, breach of contract, trade secrets, defamation and corporate governance.
- Successfully argued appeal of district court order granting summary judgment in defendants’ favor in copyright infringement action in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Advises clients on a wide range of intellectual property issues including copyright infringement, protection of trademarks, licensing and theft of trade secrets.
- Counsels international clients in fashion and business sectors on issues relating to entering the U.S. market.
- Obtained dismissal of copyright infringement action asserted against major record label and superstar recording artist after taking deposition of plaintiffs’ expert musicologist in which he renounced his opinion of infringement.
- Currently representing defendant in putative class action alleging privacy violations in connection with the use of mobile applications.
- Obtained dismissal of alter-ego liability claims asserted against corporate entities.
- Represented prominent author in obtaining dismissal of defamation complaint filed by public figure.
- Represented independent film producers in obtaining dismissal of complaint filed by motion picture financier alleging breach of production agreements.
- Successfully represented corporations in securing Internet domain names held by cybersquatters.
- Represented independent music publisher in obtaining dismissal of complaint alleging copyright infringement.
- Successfully represented boutique entertainment law firm in proceeding challenging a subpoena that had been served upon the firm.
- Represented corporation in obtaining summary-judgment dismissal of nationwide class action.
- Represented corporation and its directors in obtaining dismissal of shareholder class action complaint alleging breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Successfully obtained asylum in the United States for pro bono client.
Honors & Awards
- "Rising Stars," New York Super Lawyers (2013-2018)
- May 31, 2017
- Christine Lepera, Jeffrey Movit and Matthew Williams Mentioned in Multiple Publications for MSJ Win for DrakeMay 31, 2017
- September 2, 2016
- February 18, 2016
- September 30, 2014
- July 30, 2013
- July 30, 2013
- January 10, 2013
Events & Speaking Engagements
- March 2015
- February 2013
- November 15, 2012
- November 2012
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- Ninth Circuit
New York University School of Law, J.D.
College of William and Mary, B.A.; magna cum laude