"Bring your lifestyle to me, I'll make it better”. While this Pop Culture Queen swayed back and forth listening to Snoop Dogg’s lyrics blast from the concert speakers of the densely packed stadium, Jaclyn thought of the ironic parallels to the immigration case sitting on her desk back at MSK. It occurred to Jaclyn that the music, movies, and other entertainment industry projects created by her clients are improved by her ability to introduce them to the American audience. With that connection, Jaclyn felt proud, smiled brightly, and continued dancing…and thought of a new argument to include in the case on her desk back at MSK.
Jaclyn’s friends often refer to her as a walking IMDb because of her vast knowledge of pop culture, both past and present. From New York fashion to Hollywood entertainment, with live music in between, star-power happenings are Jaclyn’s expertise. This encyclopedic knowledge of the entertainment industry highlights Jaclyn’s uncanny research abilities, creativity, and memory……useful skills for any successful immigration attorney. Indeed, keeping up on the ever-changing rules coming out of the Departments of Justice, Labor, and Homeland Security requires similar skills. Whether embracing the rhythm of live music or the filing of immigration visas, Jaclyn pursues everything with melodic passion.
Jaclyn has an expanding immigration practice in which she focuses on precision, efficiency, and creativity in order to produce positive results for her clients. Jaclyn's experience has given her a unique and strong understanding of the wide variety of immigration documents required for both business and family immigration matters. Though she works with many different industries, Jaclyn has extensive knowledge on the entertainment, arts, media, and fashion sectors. Indeed, this specialization has afforded Jaclyn the opportunity to become well versed in these industries, particularly with respect to entertainment. Over the years, she has handled a plethora of matters across these business sectors, from traditional roles like Directors, Actors, Photographers, Models, Fine Artists, and Sculptors to more unconventional professions like Shoutcasters, Contortionists for live events, Cosplayers, Influencers, and Milliners. In all her work, Jaclyn strives to formulate compelling arguments in favor of her clients and their eligibility to work in the United States.
- Counseling clients on their cases, travel restrictions, visa options, timelines, and other relevant and evolving regulations.
- Drafting and compiling various nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, including O-1, O-2, P-1, H-1B, PERM, DACA, J-1, L-1, I, and EB-1 for high profile clients in the entertainment, arts, and fashion industries.
- Filing visa petitions and all requisite evidence with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) at an outstanding success rate.
- Conducting consular processing, including scheduling visa interviews with United States Consulates abroad and completing DS-160 applications.
- Representing high profile entertainment and start-up clients in all phases of corporate formation and compliance.
- Drafting corporate documents, including Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Organizational and Annual Minutes, Shareholder, Employment, Operating, and Redemption Agreements, and IRS forms.
- Advising clients on legal issues related to corporate governance, securities filings, director fiduciary duties, and required Secretary of State filings.
Other Career Experience
Of Counsel, Daryanani Law Group PC (2016)
Associate, Ungerlaw PC (2015-2016)
Associate, Daryanani Law Group PC (2012-2014)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, January 2019
- President Suspends Temporary Entry of Certain Nonimmigrants Due to COVID-19 Related Unemployment RatesJune 22, 2020
- October 2, 2017
- July 31, 2017
- New York, 2013
New York Law School, J.D., 2012
University of Wisconsin, B.A., 2006