Hilary Feybush represents clients in a variety of labor and employment litigation, ranging from single-plaintiff harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination claims to wage and hour class actions. Hilary regularly advises entertainment clients on the employment of minors to ensure compliance with all applicable child labor laws. She also conducts harassment training and counsels clients on day-to-day employment issues, including workplace policies, employee discipline, accommodations, and wage and hour compliance. In addition, Hilary represents employers in administrative proceedings and investigations conduct by various state and federal agencies, such as the EEOC, DFEH, and DLSE.
- Drafted successful motions for summary judgment and motions to compel arbitration on behalf of employers.
- Conducted numerous investigations into alleged workplace misconduct, including discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Obtained favorable settlement in a wage and hour class action involving claims of missed meal and rest breaks.
- Assisted lead counsel in a 4-week trial in Santa Barbara Superior Court, including drafting a successful motion for nonsuit.
- Second-chaired trial in Los Angeles Superior Court, which resulted in a favorable judgment for fashion client in a breach of contract lawsuit.
- Won judgment for client after filing trial briefs and presenting oral argument before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- Drafted response brief for appellee in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit after successfully drafting motion for summary judgment in the U.S. District Court.
- Served as a mediator in almost a dozen small claims and civil harassment matters.
Honors & Awards
- "Southern California Rising Stars," Super Lawyers (2014 - 2019)
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Gordon & Rees LLP
- Judicial Extern, United States District Court, Judge Andrew J. Wistrich, Central District of California
- Litigation Intern, NBCUniversal Television Group
- Mediator, USC Gould School of Law Mediation Clinic
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Eastern District of California
University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 2011; Hale Moot Court Honors Program
University of Southern California, B.A., Psychology, 2008; Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Kappa Phi; Honors Psychology Program