Eli Ness is an associate in Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp's Litigation Practice Group. Eli's practice focuses on commercial and IP litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Eli was an associate at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP. While at Quinn Emanuel, Eli served as second chair in a high-profile trial, deposed key witnesses, guided numerous experts through drafting expert reports and preparing for testimony, drafted numerous pleadings, including motions for summary judgment, and managed all phases of the discovery process.
- Member of litigation and trial team representing a real-estate developer in high-stakes litigation against the City of Oakland, obtaining complete victory at trial.
- Member of litigation team representing creators of 3D video technology against the largest developer of virtual reality headsets in the world in a case involving trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract.
- Member of criminal defense team representing one of the largest metals conglomerates in China in a case brought by the United States alleging economic espionage and theft of trade secrets.
Successfully represented a religious non-profit pro bono in dispute with government agency that threatened to undermine its core purpose and financial integrity.
Honors & Awards
- Awards for excellence in trial practice and civil procedure (Berkeley Law)
- Berkeley Center for Law and Technology (BCLT); Law and Technology Certificate
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Michael W. Fitzgerald (2014)
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall), J.D., 2016
Berkeley Technology Law Journal
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2011