Elaine Nguyen is an associate in Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp's Litigation Practice Group. Elaine's practice focuses on commercial and IP litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Elaine was an associate at Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP. While at Carter Ledyard & Milburn, she focused on complex litigation matters, including commercial litigation and patent litigation. She has extensive experience conducting legal research, drafting various memoranda, deposition outlines, motions, and third-party subpoenas, preparing discovery productions, and resolving day-to-day discovery related issues. Elaine was involved in pre-trial preparations on patent cases, including preparing deposition designations, exhibit lists, and demonstratives.
- Represented a management company in a 7-day virtual arbitration involving breach of a management agreement; successfully defended against a California TAA claim and a Tennessee TCA claim; and obtained a favorable award of damages well in excess of a million dollars for breach of contract, including an award of attorney’s fees and costs.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient, The Legal Aid Society’s 2019 Pro Bono Publico Award
- Recipient of the Dean’s List Scholarship at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Fellow, David Berg Foundation
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP
- Legal Extern, New York Office of the Attorney General - Social Justice Division
- Legal Intern, South Brooklyn Legal Services - Family Law & Domestic Violence Unit
- Business Wire , August 24, 2021
- PhillyVoice, NBC Sports Philadelphia, ESPN, Philadelphia Business Journal, Law360, Bloomberg Law, USA Today, February 25, 2020
- October 28, 2019
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 2016; cum laude
Staff Editor & Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, B.A., 2012