Dan represents clients in the entertainment, sports, and media industries on a variety of matters, including contract and business tort disputes, white-collar defense and internal investigations, class actions, and labor and employment. Dan has represented clients in both trial and appellate court, practiced before regulatory agencies, and has advised on transactional matters.
- Represented entertainment ventures in contract and employment-related arbitrations with talent over development and production of motion pictures.
- Independently negotiated favorable settlements for foreign motion picture studio in employment, intellectual property, and contract disputes.
- Represented biosciences firm in “bet the company” trade secret and employment litigation, including successful opposition of demurrer by former employee defendant.
- Performed internal investigation for Fortune 100 corporation in response to employee hotline complaint.
- Represented crypto-currency exchange in government investigation.
- Represented video game developers and publishers in separate consumer fraud class action and intellectual property disputes.
- Obtained dismissal of multiple fraud-related claims against athlete in connection with historic boxing match.
- Won summary judgment for a major motion picture studio in “stolen script” copyright infringement lawsuit.
- Obtained dismissal for boxing promoter and media defendants in multidistrict litigation involving over 40 class actions alleging false advertising and consumer protection violations.
- Obtained favorable settlement for digital media content provider in a contract and fraud dispute regarding satellite broadcasting equipment and services.
- Obtained dismissal for hospitality and entertainment mogul and company in contract and fraud action.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, LGBT Bar Association of LA
- Member, Northwestern Alumni Admissions Council
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL)
Other Career Experience
Counsel, O'Melveny & Myers LLP
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- US District Court, Central and Northern Districts of California
University of California Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2013
Northwestern University, B.A., 2010