All phases of commercial litigation. Dan applies the same simple approach to all of his matters: First identify the client’s objective, then relentlessly execute the strategy required to achieve it.
- Leader of the litigation team honored by Public Counsel as the 2009 Consumer Law Project “Advocate of the Year” for successful pro bono representation of indigent victims of real estate fraud.
- Victories on behalf of a variety of clients in real estate, land-use, and zoning litigation, including trial win on all claims for landowner in Malibu land rights dispute.
- Successful representation of the music and video game industries, including judgment as a matter of law following the “Big Pimpin” copyright infringement trial and summary judgment on behalf of Activision Blizzard against Axl Rose’s tort and contract claims concerning Guitar Hero III.
- Successful defense of consumer misrepresentation claims, including dismissals of claims brought against client radio station (accused of negligent endorsement implicating First Amendment) and international shipping company (accused of consumer fraud, unfair competition, and false advertising).
- Successful counsel to one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of atmospheric gases in a broad range of litigation, including disputes based on product liability, personal injury, and a variety of commercial tort and contract claims.
- Successful resolution of several diverse trade secret theft and commercial tort/unfair competition cases – both before and after suit is filed – on behalf of clients in an array of industries, including the medical, education, investment, and professional sports industries.
- Successful defense of nationwide Section 501(c)(3) charities against claims ranging from fraud to violation of complex state and federal regulatory schemes.
- Successful defense against class action claims on behalf of numerous clients in the manufacturing, consumer retail, and product distribution industries.
Honors & Awards
- Honored by Public Counsel for his pro bono work (2009)
Events & Speaking Engagements
- January 24, 2018
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit
University of Virginia Law School, J.D.
University of California, Irvine, B.A.