Chloe N. George is an associate in Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp's Litigation Practice Group. Chloe’s commercial litigation practice focuses primarily on copyright and entertainment.
Prior to joining the firm, Chloe represented several executives and major start-ups in various civil litigation matters with a focus on cryptocurrency and financial technology, breach of contract, and white-collar crime. As a previous public defender, Chloe handled a variety of felonies and misdemeanors in New York state criminal court. She conducted preliminary hearings, negotiated pleas, and prepared trial cases on behalf of hundreds of indigent clients.
Represents collectively more than 100 producers and distributors of copyrighted television content before the Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) regarding distribution of cable royalty funds under Section 111 of the Copyright Act for the years 2014-2017.
Member of the MSK team that represented a well-known rapper and others in a joint authorship and copyright dispute involving the hit single “All the Way Up.” (Elliott v. Cartagena et al., S.D.N.Y).
- Experience handling various commercial disputes including white collar investigations, breach of contract, and labor & employment.
Other Career Experience
- Trial Lawyer, Waymaker LLP
- Staff Attorney, Criminal Defense Practice, Brooklyn Defender Services
- Litigation Associate, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, & Flom LLP
- Summer Associate, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, & Flom LLP
- November 18, 2022
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- Ninth Circuit
New York University, School of Law, J.D., 2018
Harvard University, B.A., 2015; cum laude