Arina Shulga is a corporate and securities attorney with experience in startup law, securities offerings, cross-border transactions, corporate governance, private and public company representation, business entity formation, licensing, contracts and employment-related agreements. She is experienced with advising small to mid-sized companies on formation, contract review and negotiation, private placement of securities, intellectual property matters and internal governance issues.
Before co-founding Ross & Shulga PLLC in 2017 and a predecessor firm Shulga Law Firm PC in 2010, Ms. Shulga spent seven years at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. At Cleary, Ms. Shulga represented a wide range of clients, from individuals and startups to the Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries, including financial services, banking, technology, fashion, apparel, entertainment and health care. Ms. Shulga advised public companies on preparation and filing of periodic reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission; represented investors, issuers, underwriters and selling stockholders in private and registered securities offerings, including IPOs, convertible debt offerings, high yield debt offerings, and A/B exchange offers; advised companies on compliance with contractual obligations, internal restructurings and joint ventures; and represented companies and their advisors in tender offers, consent solicitations and leveraged buy-out transactions.
Ms. Shulga is active in the New York City startup community. She is a native Russian speaker.
- Bloomberg Law, February 26, 2019
- Bloomberg Law, February 2019
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Presenter, Blockchain and the Law, Monthly BLunch Event (Organized by Strongurl)February 2019
- Presenter, Startup LAWnchpad, "Top Tree Legal Do's and Dont's" (Organized by Fordham Law ELC)
- Interviewee, Real Estate Syndication Show PodcastDecember 29, 2018
- Guest Speaker, "Let's talk about Raising Capital in Compliance with Securities Law" NYC MeetUpDecember 19, 2018
- Guest Speaker, Law Firm Management, 2018 International Bar Association ConferenceDecember 7, 2018
- Women in Law, Please Be Advised PodcastNovember 15, 2018
- Presenter, Stafford's CLE Webinar , Delaware LLC Agreements: Planning and DraftingNovember 14, 2018
- Host, Legal Issues on Crypto Funds, NYU Stern FinTech Conference 2018October 19, 2018
- Panelist, "Navigating Securities Law Issues in Initial Coin Offerings and Equity Crowdfunding" Fordham Startup LAWnchpad ConferenceSeptember 14, 2018
- New York
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2002, summa cum laude
The Wharton School of Business, Certificate of Study in Business Policy and Management, 2002
Mount Holyoke College, B.A., 1997, magna cum laude