Andrea Cataneo is a partner in MSK's Corporate & Business Transactions Practice Group in the firm's New York office, and a member of the Capital Markets & Securities and Crypto Assets & Blockchain Technology teams as well.
Andrea’s practice focuses on preparing companies for capital raises, structuring secured and unsecured equity and debt financing transactions for early and late stage companies, and taking private companies public via self-registration statements and IPOs. Additionally, through her extensive relationships in the investment banking community, Andrea offers her clients introductions to targeted sources of capital.
She represents publicly-held companies with respect to 1934 Act reporting obligations to the Securities and Exchange Commission, and performs a variety of corporate transactions for her clients, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, proxy contests, restructurings and corporate governance, NASDAQ and NYSE-American listing applications and all related compliance matters. Her practice covers domestic and international transactions, and she has been active in Italy, Mexico, Argentina, Canada, China, Israel and Kenya. Andrea has also been a leading voice in the Cannabis space, helping private and public clients navigate the developing legal landscape.
Andrea serves on the Boards of Together1Heart Foundation and the National Investment Banking Association.
- Represented the Benchmark Company, the sole book-running manager for a $6.375 Million Initial Public Offering and NASDAQ listing with Heart Test Laboratories, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSCS; HSCSW), a medical technology company focused on applying innovative AI-based technology to an ECG (also known as an EKG) to expand and improve an ECG’s clinical usefulness.
- Represented Greenwave Technology Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: GWAV), a leading operator of 11 metal recycling facilities in Virginia and North Carolina, in connection with its NASDAQ listing.
- November 5, 2020
- November 2, 2020
- Bloomberg Law, October 28, 2020
- Key hires bolster firm’s entertainment labor practice and businesses transactions groupOctober 27, 2020
- October 4, 2019
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Ms. Cataneo has served on industry panels both domestically and internationally to discuss topics including SEC rule changes, Blockchain and Cannabis industry developments, trends in the market and being public in the United States. She has presented twice at the annual International Financial Endeavour and Capital Summit held in Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China and at the Kenya Trade Mission 1st and 2nd Annual Entrepreneurial Finance Conferences.
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Courts of New Jersey
- Legal Intern to the Honorable William G. Bassler,
Federal District Court of New Jersey in Newark
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1996, Editor-in-Chief, Women's Rights Law Reporter
B.A., Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1992, summa cum laude