Complex and general civil litigation with an emphasis on business disputes and class actions.
- Participated in successful trial of several cases, including representing trustees of an estate of a famous actor.
- Participated in successful defense of several consumer and wage and hour class actions in state and federal courts, which resulted in dismissal of action or favorable settlement.
- Extensive state and federal court and arbitration litigation experience both at the trial and appellate levels.
- Member of litigation team that represented Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in Internet copyright litigation.
- Member of litigation team that represented the largest theatrical motion picture exhibition circuit in the country in a dispute over the film rental percentage to be paid to an independent distributor for one of the largest grossing motion pictures of 2004.
- Successfully defended foreign governmental entities in a federal court civil action by obtaining dismissal following enforcement of a contractual forum selection clause.
Other Career Experience
- Extern, Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Suzanne H. Segal, USDC, Central District of California
- Law Clerk, Law Offices of Carpenter & Zuckerman
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit
- California Supreme Court
Southwestern Law School, J.D., 2004; magna cum laude
Law Review; Moot Court Competition
Minsk State Linguistic University, B.A. Foreign Languages, 1998; With highest honors
- Russian, Italian, Byelorussian