Tania Nguyen has represented clients in a broad range of areas including commercial litigation, antitrust, securities, investigations, intellectual property, and fashion law. Tania’s diverse background and well-rounded skill set enable her to provide comprehensive representation to clients with multifaceted legal needs. Among other things, Tania has experience managing cases in all stages of litigation, ranging from pretrial discovery to appeal; helping clients successfully navigate internal and regulatory investigations; and advising clients on contract, intellectual property, and e-commerce issues.
When she is not litigating, Tania enjoys CrossFitting; watching sports; keeping up with the latest in fashion, technology, and food; and fostering dogs.
- Represented former UPS employee in her appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. The employee alleged that UPS violated the Pregnancy Discrimination Act when it failed to provide her with equal workplace accommodations. Successfully petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court for a writ of certiorari.
- Represented inmate in his civil appeal to the Michigan Supreme Court. The inmate alleged that the Michigan Governor exceeded her constitutional power when she rescinded her commutation of his sentence. Successfully applied to the Michigan Supreme Court for leave to appeal.
- Represented bank in cross-border regulatory investigations and numerous class action lawsuits relating to the alleged manipulation of financial markets. Successfully settled numerous investigations and suits, in addition to persuading law enforcement agency not to pursue its investigation further.
- Represented artists in connection with music and image licensing matters.
- Advised prominent fashion designer on trademark and publicity right issues.
- Successfully obtained asylum in the United States for pro bono client.
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Litigation; Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP (2013-2016)