Stephen Blaker has a well developed immigration practice that is dedicated to handling employment- and family-based nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions for a multitude of industries. Stephen works with employers and individuals on matters such as H-1B, TN, L-1A/B (including Blanket petitions), E-2, E-3, O-1, J-1, I-140 (Extraordinary Ability, Multinational Manager, and labor certification-based), Adjustment of Status and Naturalization applications. His broad landscape of clients include multinational media/advertising companies, the health and pharmacology industry, software and technology distributors, real estate companies, and nonprofits. Stephen also has worked with the financial service industry and multiple emerging growth companies.
- Consulting with company representatives and foreign nationals regarding applicable laws and regulations during pre-employment, employment, transfer and termination stages.
- Delivering creative relocation options for numerous high-level executives, and working with tax counsel and corporate counsel to create business-friendly solutions.
- Conducting case intake and strategy analysis, overseeing case flow, and reviewing all cases drafted by paralegals before sending to client for signature.
- Providing services to corporate and individual clients in need of labor certification, H-1B, E-2, TN and L-1 services.
- Processing U.S. and consular family petitions including marriage based permanent residence, adjustment of status and removal of conditions petitions.
- Drafting support letters and responses to complex Requests for Evidence for non-immigrant and immigrant visas.
Other Career Experience
Associate, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy LLP (2014-2016)
Associate, Feldman Feldman & Associates (2012-2014)
Legal Fellow, Indego Africa (2011-2012)
- New Jersey, 2011
- New York, 2012
University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 2011
Tufts University, B.A., 2008; cum laude