Estate planning is not a one size fits all service. Each individual and family is different. Eva appreciates and accounts for these differences by tailoring estate plans to fit each client’s goals and circumstances, while creating flexibility to account for future changes. Post-death, Eva guides clients through the probate and trust administration process. Eva also leverages the insider knowledge that she gained as an IRS attorney into estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer (GST) tax savings and audit victories for her clients.
- Drafted Delaware and South Dakota irrevocable trusts for an individual who wished to be an anonymous benefactor.
- Prepared petition requesting Section 9100 relief, which the IRS granted in a private letter ruling (PLR). As a result, a surviving spouse was granted an extension of time to elect to treat a qualified terminable interest property (QTIP) trust as two separate trusts, saving the surviving spouse approximately $3,000,000 in GST taxes.
- Drafted a declaration to support a bankruptcy trustee’s right to recover the debtors’ personal residence, which debtors had fraudulently transferred to two qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs).
- As an IRS attorney, represented the federal government’s interests in the examination of federal estate tax and federal gift tax returns; examined estate plans that included special use valuation, family limited partnerships (FLPs), Graegin loans, private split dollar life insurance, sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts (IDGTs) in exchange for promissory notes, and self-cancelling installment notes (SCINs).
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section
- ProVisors, West Hollywood, Women, and Los Angeles Estate and Succession Planning Groups
- The Exchange, Century City
Other Career Experience
- Taxation, Trusts and Estates Associate, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP, Los Angeles, CA
- Attorney (Estate Tax), Internal Revenue Service, Laguna Niguel, CA and Plantation, FL
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Clark Munger, Pima County Superior Court, Probate Division, Tucson, AZ
- 67-13 USC Law School Institutes On Major Tax Planning, 2015
- September 27, 2016
- IRS Releases Draft Form 8971, Information Regarding Beneficiaries Acquiring Property From a DecedentDecember 31, 2015
- September 18, 2015
- August 21, 2015
- August 11, 2015
- April 15, 2015
- January 30, 2015
- November 5, 2014
- October 20, 2014
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Helpful Tips for Preparing Estate and Gift Tax Returns and Resolving Audits from Two Former IRS AttorneysJanuary 25, 2017
- December 20, 2016
- October 19, 2016
- February 11, 2016
- January 14, 2016
- October 8, 2015
- Introduction to the Federal Gift TaxSeptember 2012
- Introduction to the Federal Estate TaxSeptember 2012
- California, 2007
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
Loyola Law School, LL.M. (Tax), 2009; First Honors Award in Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., 2007; Note & Comment Editor for Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law
Arizona State University, B.A. (Sociology), 2003