Eva helps individuals and families transfer wealth to their loved ones and charitable organizations by implementing a variety of estate planning techniques, including wills and revocable living trusts, and assisting with the probate and trust administration process. In addition, Eva utilizes the experience and knowledge that she gained as an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) attorney to represent individuals and corporate fiduciaries in estate and gift tax audits.
Eva also guides accountants in the preparation of federal gift tax returns, federal estate tax returns, and fiduciary income tax returns, and she advises family law attorneys regarding estate planning and tax issues resulting from separation and divorce.
- Drafted Delaware and South Dakota irrevocable trusts for an individual who wished to be an anonymous benefactor.
- Prepared petition requesting Section 9100 relief, which the IRS granted in a private letter ruling (PLR). As a result, a surviving spouse was granted an extension of time to elect to treat a qualified terminable interest property (QTIP) trust as two separate trusts, saving the surviving spouse approximately $3,000,000 in generation-skipping transfer (GST) taxes.
- Drafted a declaration to support a bankruptcy trustee’s right to recover the debtors’ personal residence, which debtors had fraudulently transferred to two qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs).
- As an IRS attorney, represented the federal government’s interests in the examination of federal estate tax and federal gift tax returns; examined estate plans that included special use valuation, family limited partnerships (FLPs), Graegin loans, private split dollar life insurance, sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts (IDGTs) in exchange for promissory notes, and self-cancelling installment notes (SCINs).
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section
- ProVisors, West Hollywood, Women, and Los Angeles Estate and Succession Planning Groups
Other Career Experience
- Taxation, Trusts and Estates Associate, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP, Los Angeles, CA
- Attorney (Estate Tax), Internal Revenue Service, Laguna Niguel, CA and Plantation, FL
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Clark Munger, Pima County Superior Court, Probate Division, Tucson, AZ
- Estate Planning: Looking at Our World Through Income Tax Glasses, 67-13 USC Law School Institutes On Major Tax Planning2015
- California Supreme Court to Review Controversial Documentary Transfer Tax CaseFebruary 2015
- Qualifying for 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Status is TrickyNovember 2014
Events & Speaking Engagements
- USC Tax InstituteJanuary 25, 2017
- October 19, 2016
- September 21, 2016
- February 11, 2016
- January 14, 2016
- October 8, 2015
- Introduction to the Federal Gift TaxSeptember 2012
- Introduction to the Federal Estate TaxSeptember 2012
- California, 2007
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
Loyola Law School, LL.M. (Tax), 2009; First Honors Award in Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., 2007; Note & Comment Editor for Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law
Arizona State University, B.A. (Sociology), 2003