Civil litigation with a focus on intellectual property issues, including copyright, trademark and trade dress disputes.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant in copyright infringement case brought against major motion picture studio.
- Represented documentary film production company in trademark dispute based on use of a trademark in a film title.
- Obtained preliminary injunction for plaintiff in unfair competition and false advertising case based on online marketing scheme.
- Counsel clients regarding complex copyright, trademark, first amendment, defamation, and new technology issues.
- Prosecution and defense of inter parties proceedings in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Represent major video game publisher in various copyright, trademark, and contract disputes.
- Assists copyright industry group with domestic and international advocacy efforts for international copyright law reform and enforcement of international intellectual property and trade agreements.
- Secured trademark rights to a client’s trade name and obtained preliminary injunction, preventing defendant’s confusing use of the same name.
- June 8, 2016
Events & Speaking Engagements
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeal
- Ninth Circuit
University of California Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2012; Order of the Coif
Senior Editor, UCLA Law Review
Harvard University, A.B., 2004; cum laude