Ms. Zhou represents both private and public companies on a broad range of corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, general corporate governance, early-stage private company financing, public financing transactions, U.S. stock exchange listings and FINRA matters. Ms. Zhou regularly advises clients on compliance with federal and state securities laws and the rules and regulations promulgated under the Securities Act and the Exchange Act, including periodic reporting on Forms 8-K, 10-K and 10-Q, Section 13 and Section 16 reporting, and Rule 144 compliance. She has experience preparing corporate resolutions, board and shareholder meeting minutes, and managing the annual shareholder meeting process for publicly traded companies. Ms. Zhou also represents borrowers with venture debt financing, including term loans and revolving lines of credit.
Although her practice is primarily focused on corporate and securities law, Ms. Zhou also assists MSK’s Motion Picture, Television & Music Transactions group on entertainment and IP transactions, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating music license agreements.
Prior to joining MSK, Ms. Zhou spent 3 years as a Corporate Associate in the New York office of Morrison & Foerster LLP, where she advised leading U.S. and multinational companies across multiple industries, including health care, life sciences, consumer products, financial services, real estate, energy, and software and technology, on merger and acquisitions, tender and exchange offers, stock and asset acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures.
- Represented Cadiz Inc., a California-based water conservation company, in a $9.75 million underwritten public offering of 1,000,000 shares of its common stock and contemporaneous debt amendment transaction.
- Represented Sysorex Global (NASDAQ: SYRX), a developer of high performance analytics software and solutions, in connection with the closing of a $10 million debt refinancing with GemCap Lending I, LLC and concurrent asset acquisition from Integrio Technologies, LLC, an IT integration and engineering company.
- Represented Viveve Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIVE), a Silicon Valley-based medical device company focused on women’s health, in a $15.5 million underwritten public offering of approximately 3,105,000 shares of its common stock. In connection with the IPO, assisted the company with effecting a reverse stock split and uplisting to the NASDAQ Capital Market.
- Represented Viveve Medical, Inc. in a $6 million private placement of its common stock.
- Represented a privately-held technology company as primary corporate and securities counsel, assisting with corporate record keeping, private financings and strategic acquisitions.
- Performed due diligence review of license agreements involving a major music, podcast and video streaming service company for potential investors.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
MSK Pro Bono Committee
Other Career Experience
- Corporate Associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Corporate Lab Transactional Clinic, University of Chicago Law School
- Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship, University of Chicago Law School
- December 6, 2016
- November 29, 2016
- June 20, 2016
- November 24, 2015
- New York
University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2012
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2009
- Conversational in Mandarin Chinese and Shanghainese