All areas of employment law including, wrongful discharge, discrimination actions, employee benefits, union representation campaigns, labor management relations, arbitrations and negotiations, and litigation before state and federal courts and agencies.
- Provide ongoing general legal advice and litigation counsel to several significant benefit plans.
- Successfully defended numerous litigations in federal court relating to pension and health benefit plans, including most recently obtaining summary judgment on behalf of a benefits plan in 2004.
- Provided labor advice to a major public utility, including advice on a variety of complex labor issues related to its joint venture with a large multi-state private entity.
- Handled major litigation in four states involving the applicability of collective bargaining agreements negotiated by the entertainment industry in the 1950's.
- Served as chief negotiator for numerous cities in labor negotiations involving office, blue collar, fire, and police bargaining units.
- Provided advice to a major retail client in successfully defeating several union organizing campaigns.
Honors & Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
Other Career Experience
- U.S. Department of Labor, Boston, Massachusetts
- California, 1980
- Massachusetts, 1983
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit, 1980
Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1980; cum laude
Editor, 1979-1980, Boston University Law Review; Austin T. Stickells Scholar; Moot Court Judge/Advisor, 1979-1980
Brandeis University, B.A., 1975