Jolene Konnersman represents employers in all areas of employment law, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour, breach of contract and fraud claims before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. She also counsels employers and conducts training regarding compliance with state and federal law, personnel policies and manuals, employment agreements and other sensitive personnel matters.
- Lead counsel in arbitration alleging various tort and contract claims; reduced 10-count complaint to a single count for breach of contract, then prevailed on the single remaining claim.
- Obtained summary judgment and award of costs in favor of movie production company in sexual harassment and wrongful termination case.
- Lead counsel in arbitration for aerospace company on claims by former employee for race discrimination, wrongful termination and other tort claims; obtained award for employer resulting in dismissal of all claims.
- Obtained award at arbitration on behalf of multiple defendants in case alleging misappropriation of client lists, breach of duties, and interference with prospective business relations.
- Prevailed at arbitration on behalf of television/media company on claims by former employee of fraud and misrepresentation.
- Defeated class certification in wage and hour cases filed in state and federal court.
- Defended claims for unpaid wages, commissions, bonuses, meal periods and rest breaks before the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
- Successfully represented clients involved in DFEH and EEOC investigations and obtained dismissals and favorable settlements of complaints through mediation and negotiation.
- Counseled clients regarding compliance with employment laws and sensitive personnel matters, including terminations, demotions, mass layoffs and internal investigations.
- Drafted employee handbooks, employment agreements and various personnel policies.
- Negotiated executive employment contracts and separation agreements.
Honors & Awards
- "Southern California Rising Stars," Southern California Super Lawyers (2007, 2009-2015)
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger
- Judicial Extern to Los Angeles Superior Court, Juvenile Division
- California Court Requires Employers to Provide Reasonable Accommodations to Employees Who Are “Associated With” a Disabled PersonApril 14, 2016
- June 2015
- September 2013
- March 2009
- August 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Western District of Washington
- Southern District of California
University of California Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2001
Women's Law Journal; Moot Court Honors Program: Outstanding Oral Advocate Award
University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., 1998 ; with High Honors